Anope.org > General Chat

Editor / IDE... What's your choice

<< < (3/3)

CrazyCat:

--- Quote from: katsklaw on March 06, 2012, 02:04:35 AM ---Most of the editors listed have snytax hilighting, which nano doens't do by default. There is a way to do and I'm sure if you google it, you'll find it ;)
--- End quote ---
Done a long time before :) Nano is my default editor for small corrections in tcl, php, html, perl or C :)

gerry:
Bluefish Editor found at http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html is a very very decent multi-platform editor for operating systems..
Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, OpenBSD and Solaris.

I have trialled it of late and prefer it to Notepad++ greatly. and like Notepad++ .. its free :)

Justin Crawford:
I use KDE's Kate on linux and Sublime on windows, in the terminal I mainly use nano for quick, small edits or maybe vim if it's bigger than what I want to do in nano.

KnownSyntax:
Honestly Eclipse for almost everything that I can, and then Microsoft Visual Studio for the rest of the things that won't work nicely on Eclipse.

Thomas Edwards:
Im with Jan on this one.
I code in PHP nonstop hours on end every day and I used Notepad++ along with its FTP Feature.
If you're on Windows and intend to test code on a Linux machine you can easily use the FTP Plugin on N++ to edit files and have them push to the server then use PuTTy to compile the code. EASY PEASY!

Otherwise I'd use Eclipse or Intellij. Depends on your preference.

Thanks,
Thomas Edwards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version