Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cs_multifounder Panic Buffer  (Read 3671 times)

TwinShadow

• Anope User
    • ShadowHime
cs_multifounder Panic Buffer
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:25:16 AM »

I'm using the latest stable Anope, 1.8, and loading the module went fine, it kinda worked. However, I saw something that I don't think should have happened.

When I did the command for the founder, it actually changed the channel founder to someone else. That appears to have worked, but it deletes me from the access altogether. So, I had my friend do the command on me, and what do ya know, panic buffer.

<Global> PANIC! buffer = :Noratetsu PRIVMSG ChanServ :founder #general add TwinShadow
<ShadowHime> Message: OperServ GLOBOPS :PANIC! buffer = :Noratetsu -> "founder #general add TwinShadow"

"ShadowHime" is our Defender bot, with pretty much the same message. If there's anything I need to provide, I'll see about getting them. I would suspect that the reason for the Panic Buffer is because the module is technically for the RC release of 1.8, rather than the stable. If so, then I suppose I'll be waiting for an update.

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
Re: cs_multifounder Panic Buffer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 04:46:05 AM »

I'd wait, it does actually say this on the module page:
"This module will cause the channel founder to shift to the founder that needs it at that moment, and thus it will make the channel info a bit unreliable.
It still has some small bugs, like not correctly removing founders, but reducing their access level to 0"
   Most useful thing you could provide would be a services -debug log.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:48:00 AM by LEthaLity »

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: cs_multifounder Panic Buffer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »

I have also contacted the author to inform them it won't compile on Windows but I believe they are now on vacation for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up