Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: request: "os_getip" or "bs_fantasy_getip"  (Read 4360 times)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
request: "os_getip" or "bs_fantasy_getip"
« on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »

I'd like to request a module for OS or BS (maybe better would be as BS-addition like zbot for BS) That allows certain registered users without being opered to get the users IP.
This users may be added by a command like /bs getip add <nick>
and these can do "!getip <nick>" (similar: /bs getip show <nick>) so see users ip.

Maybe its a very inividual request so I would spend/pay some bucks. If its allowed you can make me an offer.

I think its best done with services, because services are ulined and therefore able to snoop IPs and you are able to give chosen users the right to use that command.

I think that module can use current functions because having logchan enabled it shows the IPs of every entering user.

Thanks so far.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:57:39 PM »

This would slow the service done a bit, as gethostbyname() can lag a bit when attempting to convert an ip address of a host that is not valid, this is where adns and firedns libs come in handy to speed up the process of resolving a host to ip

All that said its is doable and something I would be interested in working on if you were interested in paying
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

jilles

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »

Uhuh, just get the IP sent along with the user introduction? :)

Most ircds support this now. Anope supports it too, albeit ipv4 only.

Failing that, have operserv do a stats L or trace on the user and relay the result back.

Doing a DNS lookup is both harder and lower quality as the DNS may have changed in the meantime.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »

Anope does not store this info by default so still need a module to get it and store it, and Anope does nothing with the IP other then filter it down into the zline bans to make sure its not banned after that the information is lost.

Still waiting on SNU final spec of the module, who knows he may want something a bit more then just pulling it for a given user.

DNS lookups are easy just need a fast enough lib to get the data, this is how for the most part BOPM have been doing so well, all they do is take the host, resolve it and tack it to a lookup host and resolve again.
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation
Pages: [1]   Go Up