Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL Support  (Read 5328 times)

lavinpj1

MySQL Support
« on: February 25, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »

I am trying to compile anope with mysql support. At the end of ./Config it tells me it is installed ok, but in the IRCD when I type /os set sql on it tells me the command is not availiable.

Anyone have any ideas why this does not work?

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »

It is possible that your ./Config session (which is a front-end for (./configure) didn't pick up the needed libraries / include files. The best way to check this is by studying the "config.log" file. You should have a line in there in the likes of "configure:3439: checking mysql/mysql.h presence", and then it should be followed by a "positive" result:

configure:3510: checking for mysql/mysql.h
configure:3517: result: yes

If those lines aren't present then it can be because the configure script couldn't find the needed libraries/include files on its own. The reason for that could be anything. If that is the case I'd advice you to use the ./Config script, quickly grab the ./configure line it will print, and then manually use that printed command but this time with the options to specify your MySQL location (with-mysqlclient-include and with-mysqlclient-lib. For more information consult "./configure --help | more").

lavinpj1

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »

Here is my log, It seems it has all the stuff you said...

http://radio-extreme.com/config.log

Cheers

Phil

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 11:29:25 PM »

Indeed. I've gone over the log very carefully (Debian is a good choice for this IMO) and it should have everything you need. I think the next option is to go over your Anope and MySQL logfiles to see what is going on here. Just to state some obvious possibilities...

I take it you have edited the 'MySQL configuration' block in your config file and made sure everything checks out (MysqlHost, MysqlUser, MysqlPort to name but a few options) ?  Do make sure that if you're using a socket the program really does connect to your sql server, you can do so by checking the mysql logfile (I think from mind it to be in /var/log/mysql/mysql.log, but knowing Debian it might also be in /var/log/mysql.log).  Another influence might be the 'UseRDB' option. If you just began with MySQL and as such your data resides in the .db files that could create some conflict since this option tells Anope to get all the config information from the SQL database.

Still, I think that by looking closely at your Anope and MySQL logfiles (added to this info) you should be able to pinpoint the weird stuff which is going on here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up