Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OperServ access denied  (Read 5702 times)

andybaski3

• Anope User
OperServ access denied
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »

Code: [Select]
oper
{
/* The nickname of this services oper */
name = "Myusername"

/* The opertype this person will have */
type = "Services Root"

/* If set, the user must be an oper on the IRCd to gain their Services
* oper privileges.
*/
require_oper = yes

/* An optional password. If defined the user must login using "/msg OperServ LOGIN" first */
password = "mypassword"

/* An optional SSL fingerprint. If defined, it's required to be able to use this opertype. */
#certfp = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

/* An optional list of user@host masks. If defined the user must be connected from one of them */
host = "*@*.*"

/* An optional vHost to set on users who identify for this oper block.
* This will override HostServ vHosts, and may not be available on all IRCds
*/
vhost = "oper.on.myadomain.com"
}

I can login successfully to OperServ, as you can see above the oper type is Services Root, but if I try to do anything with Operserv such as "Superadmin on" I get access denied.
How much more do we need to do ?

Things were much simpler why do they have to complicated every thing, create more files more confusion and half of them don't even work, yet they encourage everyone to upgrade to version 2, with all due respect I think so far this is the worst version I have ever seen, some people might think it's great but it's far more complicated, and causing admins to work twice as hard to get the usual "normal" things done, yes I am ranting because it's very annoying, in the previous versions all you have to do is declare your nickname in the services config and that was it, no hassle, no headaches, this is just ridiculous.

if I type in the channel /os set superadmin on I get access denied, if I type /os restart I get access denied.

I am also opped as netadmin on my ircd.

Cordially.

Zemra

• Anope User
Re: OperServ access denied
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 10:53:43 AM »

Are you using registered nickname?

genius3000

• Anope User
Re: OperServ access denied
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 07:14:43 AM »

Are you using registered nickname?
If you are, continuing on: do a "/os oper list" (assuming it's not access denied), do you see your oper block and does it show a "<nick> is onling using this oper block."; also do a "/ns info" and you should see a "<nick> is a Services Operator of type Services Root."
If you're not getting those results, something isn't quite matching. We'd either have to see more of your configs or a debug log (start Anope by going to <services-dir>/bin/ and running "./services --support"). Then try again and see what the debug tells you or pastebin the logs (removing sensitive information).

Things were much simpler why do they have to complicated every thing, create more files more confusion and half of them don't even work, yet they encourage everyone to upgrade to version 2, with all due respect I think so far this is the worst version I have ever seen, some people might think it's great but it's far more complicated, and causing admins to work twice as hard to get the usual "normal" things done, yes I am ranting because it's very annoying, in the previous versions all you have to do is declare your nickname in the services config and that was it, no hassle, no headaches, this is just ridiculous.
Actually, with only a bit of time up-front to go through each config file (mainly example.conf->services.conf), the example configs pretty much work out of the box. There just exists the ability to highly customize one's install, but the majority of the pseudoclient configs don't need touching. I cannot agree that more flexibility and security is a bad thing.
-genius3000
Pages: [1]   Go Up