Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems installing Anope with MySql Support on Win 2000  (Read 7940 times)

topdog

Problems installing Anope with MySql Support on Win 2000
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »

hi,

I am installing Anope on windows 2000 pro sp4. I have Anope-1.7.14-MySQL but when I install it this is what I get:
Error: I couldnt find a copy of MySQL Installed! If you do not require MySQL Support, please download the Non-MySQL Version. If you would like
MySQL Support, please download MySQL Client from http://dev.mysql.com

I have MySqL 4.1.16-NT installed however. The installer after I click install gives the messsage above and doesn't even go ahead and create the anope folder structure but instead it just exits.
How may I go about resolving this problem?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 10:03:59 PM »

Hi,

This is a bit of a dirty step but it should get you past the issue.

Code: [Select]
  if FileExists(ExpandConstant('{sys}\libmysql.dll')) = False then
          begin
            if FileExists('c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\bin\libmysql.dll') = False then

Basically, thats saying if libmysql.dll isn't in your sys dir, it looks in the "default" install location of mysql for it. If you bodge copy the file to that location it might work, but no promises :/

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:04:33 PM »

I must add that this is seperate to Anope's operation and I cannot guarantee it working AFTER the installer is satisfied.

topdog

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »

Originally posted by chaz
Hi,

This is a bit of a dirty step but it should get you past the issue.

Code: [Select]
  if FileExists(ExpandConstant('{sys}\libmysql.dll')) = False then
          begin
            if FileExists('c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\bin\libmysql.dll') = False then

Basically, thats saying if libmysql.dll isn't in your sys dir, it looks in the "default" install location of mysql for it. If you bodge copy the file to that location it might work, but no promises :/

Where do I make this change at? And in what file?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

No,

1) Find libmysql.dll and copy it into a folder at c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\bin\

2) Or, if your mysql is empty/not doing anything, install it into that location.

I can't guarantee the first will work.

topdog

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:39:41 AM »

I did a test. I installed MySqL on a test server in the default location of C:\program files AnopeMySqL installed, but when I install MySqL on other than c:\ProgramFiles, the Anope1.7.14MySqL won't install. I cannot install MySqL on C because that is reserved for the OS, so I have no choice but to install MySqL on another drive.
It would help if the thing would search all drives for libmysql.dll instead of assuming that it is always on C. People might have diffrent configurations and thus Anope won't install because of it.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:15:46 AM »

I do say i have to agree but i would say an alternative is to have the setup ask you for the path to your MySQL installation if it cannot find the default path.

My reason why this would be necesary is because in many server invironments software such as MySQL that will have a high disk usage will tend to be installed on a different hard drive to the OS for performance purposes.

[Edited on 22-5-2006 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 10:25:53 AM »

I'm inclined to agree with you both. The problem can be fixed in the next release by removing the check I guess. In linux, you could symlink the dir but I don't know if you could do similar on windows.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »

The problem also goes away if you compile it yourself - ok i'll shh now

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »

Don't bring this pain onto me :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up