Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error when starting Anope 1.7.13  (Read 5000 times)

bloodlust

Error when starting Anope 1.7.13
« on: March 11, 2006, 02:18:01 AM »

Sorry if this is a noob question.

I am trying to run Anope on Windows XP Pro.  I downloaded the pre-compiled-MySQL version as well as the non-MySQL version.

It says it installs fine.
When I try to open, I get an error:

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Re-installing does not fix the problem.

bloodlust

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:23:55 AM »

Nevermind...an OS problem...not a Anope problem.  

Got it working fine now :)

neza

• Anope User
    • www.albhack.tk
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:24:24 AM »

i really don't understand you know.. if thats a OS problem has to be Anope... OS (understanding as Oper Serv)

anyways can you plz tell me how did you fix that .. where's the problem .. cuz i got the same problem, same error plz help

[Edited on 8-5-2006 by neza]
A.H.N veryhelpfull
online help @ irc.albhack.ma.cx

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »

by os he meant operating system, i.e. windows, while it isnt strictly speaking a os problem, or an anope problem its more a combination of the 2 problem :)

anyway, MSVCR71.dll is microsofts c/c++ dll, you can get it by installing any number of things, including the .NET framework.  Anope isnt allowed to distribute it with anope so we have to rely on other things providing it.  

Just doing a windows update is enough to get it to install the .NET framework :)

neza

• Anope User
    • www.albhack.tk
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:34:51 PM »

its been a week now .. and i am still having a hard time to start anope services on windows... for somereason i just don't get it where to locate the services folder...... in example.conf says that you have to locate it at /home/user/services .. i tried like C:/User/services/ doesn't work, tried C:/Documents and Settings/User/services .. doesnt work .. tried to locate the services folder on desktop it doesn;t work .. tried services.conf on Anope folder doesn't work .. i am clueless now .. i don't know what to do... my only hope is that i get a clue from you guys cuz i can't take it anymore.... plz help
A.H.N veryhelpfull
online help @ irc.albhack.ma.cx

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »

The services.conf needs to be in the subdirectory data of the Anope folder. If you installed the EXE version of Anope you'll have C:\Program Files\Anope\ and a subdirectory data for the services.conf
Pages: [1]   Go Up