Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MODULE REQUEST: More Founders/Successors in Chans  (Read 5688 times)

demon

• Anope User
MODULE REQUEST: More Founders/Successors in Chans
« on: December 19, 2006, 08:46:17 PM »

Module that could make possible a services root or even the first founder of the chan to set a 2nd and/or a 3rd founder.. Some other services support that and a channel can have more than 1 founder..

That also would be possible (if it can be done for founders) and with successors (if the nick of the first founder dropped/forbided the chan goes to the second founder and then to the first successor and then to the second successor etc)

In the /cs info will look like:

Founder #1: demon
Founder #2: demon2
Successor #1:vampire
Successor #2:devil

etc

Useful for chans that need two or mode founders (and we know that are not a few but many many..game teams/company owners/network admins that have access in the official chan of the network etc etc etc.. i can say many many others)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »

1 founder is all that is needed .. with more than 1 founder it's impossible to tell who gets what access and who the channel actually belongs to.

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »

for that module i dont know if it is possible to be done in that services.. just mention that is supported by other services..

Thanks

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:20:13 AM »

cs_accessfounder... is basically the same as giving people the channel password, but a bit cleaner and simpler. that s about as much as a module can do, what you pasted there can only be implemented in the core.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »

So far i have yet never seen a need for more then one founder for a channel.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »

You have a company with 2 CEOs for example why not both of them couldnt be founders ? That offers more security.. a chan to be dropped have both founders to put the command for example.. etc etc.. Undernet find that useful dont know why you dont.. also there are a module similar to what i am saying..

Thanks

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:37:40 PM »

In that situation, you just give the other CEO the password. There are already modules that will emulate the 'multiple founder' functionality, and as far as I see, thats all you're asking for.

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »

heinz yes.. just wondering if it is also possible the 2nd founder to be shown in the /cs info .. :) that would be the extra thing!

Thanks

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 09:20:06 PM »

You could request it as an addition to the current module, rather than have another one created. Look for details on how to contact the author in the module.

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 11:19:46 AM »

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up