Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General questions regarding anope capabilities  (Read 6506 times)

zare

• Anope User
General questions regarding anope capabilities
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »

Hello,

i've recently installed and tied anope with unreal. I've never used anope before, so before i start digging around documentation, i was wondering if someone can clarify these issues of mine, and hopefully point me in right direction?

1. Can i manually edit NickServ database, i want to have closed nick registrations, and be able to manually add an user
2. Can i prevent channel creation, eg. now i have a few channels registered with ChanServ, i don't want users to create channels of their own
3. I want to change users's nick to something random before he identifies with NickServ
4. Is there a way to prevent non-identified nicks from entering a channel
5. Does anope provide a logging service, i want to log activity on channels

Thank you in advance.

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: General questions regarding anope capabilities
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »

1 - no, anopes DB's are binary and editing is not supported. if you wanna run devel, there s slightly better chance you may succeed, but we still won't support it..
2 - sure, just unload cs_register and the register command will be gone. or restrict chanserv to opers.
3 - then how would that user identify..??? Anope - for now - requires the user to be using the nick he wants to ID to..
4 - depends on your ircd, on most that ll be +R.
5 - anope doesn't log what happens on channels. it can optionally log joins and parts, but it won't log the content of a channels traffic.

and through modules anopes behaviour can be modified greatly.. if standard anope can't do something, chances are that with a module it s possible.. whether one already exists that does what you want is another matter.. just check the modules site..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:55:20 AM »

#2 http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html#denychannelblock

Code: [Select]
deny channel {
channel "*";
reason "We have enough channels already.";
};

Opers will still be able to create channels. You will need to keep the channels you have open because if they become empty, users can't join them. You can also add allow::channel blocks for the few channels you have to solve this issue.

#4 http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html#setblock

set::modes-on-join <+modes>;
The modes that will be set on a channel when it is first created. Not all modes can be set using this command. +qaohvbeOAzlLk can NOT be set using this command.

set::restrict-usermodes <modes>
Restrict users to set/unset the modes listed here (don't use + or -).
For example you can set +G in modes-on-connect and G in restrict-usermodes, that way you can force all users to be +G and unable to do -G.

set::restrict-channelmodes <modes>
Restrict users to set/unset the channelmodes listed here (don't use + or -).
For example you can set +G in modes-on-join and G in restrict-channelmodes, that way you can force all (new) channels to be +G and unable to do -G.
NOTE: it may still be possible to use these channelmodes through services by using MLOCK. Unfortunately we can't do much about that, you would have to ask the services coders to implement a restrict-channelmodes feature too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:58:23 AM by katsklaw »

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »

For #1 you could probably take ns_register out of the core modules and use the third party module ns_saregister

#2 http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html#denychannelblock

Code: [Select]
deny channel {
channel "*";
reason "We have enough channels already.";
};

Opers will still be able to create channels. You will need to keep the channels you have open because if they become empty, users can't join them. You can also add allow::channel blocks for the few channels you have to solve this issue.
Actually users wont be able to join them even if they are not empty, you will need an allow channel block for each allowed channel as well to allow users to join them at all.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:06:32 PM by Jobe »
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up