Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xOP Levels  (Read 6363 times)

Ikkitousen

xOP Levels
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:27:29 AM »

A nice feature would be a xop feature, and the removal of topiclock, so you can set the level you must be in order to change the topic, as well as instead of numbers for the levels, have xOP levels, such as if you want to set akick to the founder only, /cs levels #channel set akick founder, and for topic /cs levels #channel set settopic sop, and about this whole auto founder thing, I see many people have asked for it, it really isn't a security issue, if you have a new level after sop, CoFounder (CF) I've seen a pair of services with this feature, and its no security threat what so ever, its infact safer, if you want to remove someone, you don't have to completely change the password, or for so.  Also, another feature I'm requesting is a banlock feature and oplock, so if someone tries to remove another's op, services will reset it, similar to what mlock does to channel modes, this is also to case of banlock, you can add masks or nicknames you want to banned, and it'll set them, and only one with a high enough level can remove it by /cs banlock #channel del @mask [+expiry], so if you leave the channel and no one is in it, or if the server has some connection difficulties, the masks from the list, will be auto matically set, or if someone tries to remove it.  Something else I've noticed, /cs protect and deprotect isn't really "up to date" as to say /cs admin and /cs deadmin, its a whole lot more theoretical in terms of "channel admin"

[Edited on 26-10-2006 by Ikkitousen]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:16:54 AM »

I see many people have asked for it, it really isn't a security issue, if you have a new level after sop, CoFounder (CF) I've seen a pair of services with this feature, and its no security threat what so ever, its infact safer, if you want to remove someone, you don't have to completely change the password, or for so.

There is no proof that having a co-founder is safer than not having one. I can agree that having a co-founder is safer than giving out the channels password. However, with that same argument I can say it's safer to get rid of all the autos in the world and everyone walk everywhere so there are less accidents.

Just because having a feature is safer, doesn't mean it's logical or even useful. So what if XYZ Services has feature ABC? Anope is arguably the most common IRC Services package and for a good reason. That reason is because it's rock solid and doesn't have a bunch of crap in it. At least 1 network with more than 20,000 users on it uses Anope, they do so because it's stable and highly configurable.

I'm requesting is a banlock feature and oplock, so if someone tries to remove another's op, services will reset it, similar to what mlock does to channel modes, this is also to case of banlock, you can add masks or nicknames you want to banned, and it'll set them, and only one with a high enough level can remove it by /cs banlock #channel del @mask [+expiry]

If you can't trust your Channel Ops to leave certain bans in place, then they are not to be trusted as a channel op and remove them. If you set a ban and want it to be permanent, add it as an akick and tell them not to remove it .. if they do, then they don't need to be a ChanOp.

Something else I've noticed, /cs protect and deprotect isn't really "up to date" as to say /cs admin and /cs deadmin, its a whole lot more theoretical in terms of "channel admin"

There is no such thing as a Channel Admin. There is no such command in the Anope core called /cs admin or /cs deadmin. (de)protect is as "up-to-date" it gets. They are very simple commands ... protect gets you umode +a .. deprotect gets you umode -a .. nothing to update upon.

[Edited on 26-10-2006 by katsklaw]

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:37:08 PM »

point in some cases, another thing I've noticed, when you identify with nickserv, in order to get your operator status in the channels, you either have to op yourself, /hop the channel, or use the nickserv update option, wouldn't it be better if its done automatically? instead of the user having to to do this, in most cases most people I know, never even heard of nickserv update, things should be automatically updated, instead of it being manual. (sorry for the new topic I opened, wrong button) Something else I've forgot to ask, BotServ "Badnicks" just like badwords, but kicks certain nicknames, or force changes the nickname to Guest???? It would be an interesting feature to add

[Edited on 26-10-2006 by Ikkitousen]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:52:48 AM »

when you identify with nickserv, in order to get your operator status in the channels, you either have to op yourself, /hop the channel, or use the nickserv update option, wouldn't it be better if its done automatically?

It does already. set NSDefAutoop and NSModeOnID in the conf file and previously registered nicks need to type: /nickserv set autoop on Please read the entire data/example.conf for other features Anope does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up