Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a ignore feaure of MemoServ!  (Read 6120 times)

User123

Adding a ignore feaure of MemoServ!
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

I have seen this in IRCServices where you can place ignores from people sending you Memos, would this be a good idea in Anope? So you can stop unwanted memos from certain hosts and people who spam and abuse you via MemoServ.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 04:37:49 AM »

This could be done in a module
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:22:03 AM »

hmmm... gr8 idea, something like, /memoserv ignore add nick
i'll give this a try when i learnt and experienced anope's database... and stuff or maybe porting it from the said irc services :D
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »

Perhaps it might be nice to have the ability to add a nick mask with wildcards as well so you could say have MemoServ ignoring many users with the same entry. Also perhaps it should also be set so that any user who is an IRC operator should be exempt from the ignore feature whether their nick is matched on the list or not. And also include Services Opers, Services Admins and Services Root Admins in the exemption.

Also in addition to the nick mask idea how about nick!user@host masks too in the case where a user decides to register many nicks just to abuse MemoServ.

Also it would be nice if any nick in the same nick group as a nick that matches an ignore mask should be ignored too.

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »

A nick only blacklist is sufficient since only registered nicks can send memos. Lets keep that part simple ;) As far as registering alot of nicks to abuse memoserv .. you can already limit the number of nicks registered per email. Yes, people can have multiple emails .. but it's just as easy to have multiple IP's/proxies. Using proxies/bouncing is no where as "1337" as it used to be. Not to mention that MemoServ only sees nicks at this time and not hostmasks. To make MemoServ see hosts would require a core code change as well as a db change.

Also, this module should honour the whole group .. so that those with 10 nicks don't have to be blocked 10 times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up