Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to MLOCK method  (Read 4396 times)

MeiR

• Anope User
Upgrade to MLOCK method
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »

There are several cases where lacks with mlock can be felt:
  • Bans\Excepts\Invites: Well, for bans, there's the AKICK command, but it's inefficient in case of extbans, which i'd love to be able to lock them too, as well as +e and +I, which channel ops prefer to leave them "static" sometimes.
  • Modes added by 3rd party modules: It'd be nice if there was some mode core struct or list, so module coders could add modes to it on module load, if needed. That way, mlock method can use all modes it reads from that list, also if it's 3rd party.
  • IRCD modes: I know that the known and common modes are already supported by mlock, but sometimes there are additional ones [or again 3rd party], which mlock doesn't recognize. This one isn't only anope issue, and ircd teams should cooperate so ircd will have "mode list" too, and that it'll be accessible to services.

Another issue is with restrcting modes from mlock, see my earlier post: http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=2819.0

MeiR

• Anope User
Re: Upgrade to MLOCK method
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »

ok, DukePyrolator has clarified to me that part of my request is on todo list:
Future > Channel access additions > Method to store listmodes (more generically than AKICK, too) for e.g. +beI and extbans, etc.

Hope it'll get implemented soon, and there's still the 3rd party & restricting ideas
Pages: [1]   Go Up