Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mass mlock  (Read 5619 times)

mrmonday

mass mlock
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »

I would like to see a mass mlock module, similar to the os_massmode (http://modules.anope.org/viewmod.php?id=28) module, but to mlock modes. I would ideally like it so channel founders/owners can't remove the modes unless they are a network admin or ircop (they would be able to request for the mode to be removed in the network help channel). Would this be possible? Thanks.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »

possible? yes .. it's very possible. Just not very user friendly. Getting and keeping users is hard enough as it is. Making it so Channel founders don't have the ability to control their own channel will simply drive them to other networks.

There is no major securty reason for mlocking channel modes en mass. If you have trouble makers, remove them, not the channel founders ability to govern their own channels. you want to keep the founders and not the trouble makers .. not the other way around.

mrmonday

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »

The reason I asked was I would like to force all channels to be +z, except a certain channel, to allow me to have an ssl only network, with a single exception so people can find out how to set up ssl on their clients. If I can't do this then I'd probably just disable non-ssl completely.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »

Disabling non-ssl is much easier solution to do the same thing. Although you should be aware that not all clients support SSL, so you will inherantly deny access to alot of users. A website can teach users about ssl just as easy as a single irc channel with far less resources and staff workload.
Pages: [1]   Go Up