Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group Expiration Setting  (Read 5819 times)

eLement

Group Expiration Setting
« on: August 22, 2007, 05:24:49 AM »

When you link nicknames, the other nicknames will expire even if you use a nickname in the group.

I think in the Anope config you should have the ability to set up group expiration or nick expiration.

Group Expiration: Each nickname in a group's expiration times are linked.  So if you use one nickname, it'll refresh the times on all nicknames.

Nick Expiration: Each nickname, grouped or not, has its own expire time.

You could use the following conf value:
(Enabled)
GroupExpire (All Nicks Expiration Will Be Linked)

or
(Disabled)
#GroupExpire (Each Nick Has Own Expiration)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »

Yeah on one hand I would second that idea on the other hand it makes everything more complex and ppl tnd to minimalism.

I would mean your Idea could be streched:
/ns set hardgrouped <on|off>

I mean here ALWAYS your grouped nicks own the Settings of the main Nick. so there is no need for /hs group, no need to extra set noexpire and so on. (is there any individual setting I forgot?)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »

i must admit i sometimes hate the fact that my alternate nick expires cause i didn't use it, but on the other hand this would mean one could group a whole bunch of nicks with your main nick and never really use them... yet preventing anyone else from using the nick.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 01:29:33 AM »

Originally posted by Viper
i must admit i sometimes hate the fact that my alternate nick expires cause i didn't use it, but on the other hand this would mean one could group a whole bunch of nicks with your main nick and never really use them... yet preventing anyone else from using the nick.

This is why it's like it is currently. At least from way back in the IRC Services code. Nick hoarding on many of the older networks that helped establish NickServ and especially on DALnet where NickServ/ChanServ was invented, it's against network policies to hoard nicks because it's not fair for you to have 100 and use 1 or 2.

One thing that admins can do is set noexpire on their nicks. This doesn't really help users much unless the administrative persons on the net extend such a feature to the users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up