Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BS: Auto mode -l  (Read 6651 times)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
BS: Auto mode -l
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »

Hi.
Is it possible to add a module to Botserv that handles the mode +l like some eggdrops handle it?
Or do the Services handle it in another way.

Its a security-issue I would like to exclude:
The eggdrops do often set mode +l xx (xx stands for a number of max users :D) automaically to avoid multiple chan-joins.

So "bs_automodel" should work like this:

you can set: the maximum difference to users in a channel. --> so you can set if 50 users in the chan, that mode -l gets set to 52 or 53 ...
And the delay between this values in seconds... so if 50 users in a channel and one user joins, the mode +l 52 will change to mode+l 53 after 30 seconds the user joined...

And this module should notice netsplits... :D
Also it should notice if an oper joins per sajoin or in another way if an oper sets another +l manually, bs should stop processing I think :D

OR lets talk about the sense of such a module... what you want :D

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:30:07 PM »

look at the anope module: cs_limit

Some say it's a little buggy, but I've never had issues with it other than it doesn't count services bots that are in channel which is easy to compensate for.

[Edited on 13-1-2007 by katsklaw]

akrepi

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:21 AM »

can someone please tell me where to load this cslimit.c i downloaded in shell/services/modules/ not working in shell/anope-1.6.5/modules/  not working any idea where toload this?

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 01:21:22 AM »

Learn all about modules here: http://wiki.anope.org/index.php/Modules

djGrrr

• Anope User
    • http://www.p2p-network.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »

cs_limit has big issues, it doesn't keep track of the number of users in the channel properly (this may not be a bug in the module but in anope itself), often it thinks there are less users in the channel than there actually are
P2P-NET Network Staff

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 12:07:57 AM »

Originally posted by djGrrr
cs_limit has big issues, it doesn't keep track of the number of users in the channel properly (this may not be a bug in the module but in anope itself), often it thinks there are less users in the channel than there actually are

that's interesting, I've never seen any bugs other than cs_limit doesn't see Botserv bots in channel, but that is only 1 and it's been a constant 1 deviation from the actual user count. All I do is add 1 to the buffer, so if I wanted a buffer of 5 I actually set it to 6, no biggie, and that is the only bug I've found which is hardly a big issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up