Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MYSQL for storage  (Read 2120 times)

wombat

• Anope User
Using MYSQL for storage
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:04:57 AM »

Hello,

I have inherited an IRC server running Anope 2.0.7 with Inspircd 2.0.27.  This is a very busy server and uptime is imperative.  Also, I am very much a noob to IRC servers so the last 6 months has been a deep dive for me.

I need some help in getting our server to store it's data in MYSQL.

The first thing I noted is that m_mysql was not configured and loaded, this has been corrected, note that there was some data in some tables already prior to enabling this module.

The db_sql_live module is loaded and some tables have data whilst others do not.  For example anope_db_BadWord is populated with data but anope_db_Memo is empty as is anope_db_XLine.

What is the correct procedure to get the mysql database initially loaded and then used from that point on.  I have read up on using the import tag in conjunction with db_sql, is it as simple as restarting Anope with the db_sql and import tag=true to reload the mysql database and then changing to db_sql_live and import = false. 

Is an /os update & /os reload all that is required or do I need a service restart.

I am not sure how the data got into this state, it's almost like someone previously has attempted this and reverted the settings. There were some side effects to enabling db_mysql, a few operators mentioned that their greet had reverted to an older version.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up