Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Module] Make all BotServ bots join a channel  (Read 9950 times)

n00bie

• Anope User
[Module] Make all BotServ bots join a channel
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:19:40 AM »

Heh... some people (especially Admins on small network :p ) used to ask whether they can have more than one bot on a channel. According to services policy this might sound lame and i also knew some network(s) who used R*W to joined botserv bots into a channel. So i decided to give it a try and finally here we are ^^

Description: This module will make ALL BotServ bots JOIN or PART the channel specified.

NOTE: This module does not check whether a Bot is PRIVATE or set as NOBOT. That means all PRIVATE bot and bot set as NOBOT will join the channel too :p

Providing BotServ commands:
/msg BotServ JOINBOTS #CHANNEL
/msg BotServ PARTBOTS #CHANNEL

Download location: HERE

As for the windows version of this module, since VC++ 2005 Express Edition is still pending downloads, i can't provide the file for Anope-1.7.15 yet. However, the windows version of this mod for Anope-1.7.14 and below can be downloaded from the attachment ^_^
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

EZEki3l

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 05:51:29 PM »

Hi

The module os_clientjoin has the same functions but it make also join the services like botserv or chanserv on the channel

But in the module http://www.anope.org/modules/os_clientjoin.c the author has write that :

#############################################################
  THIS MODULE IS UNTESTED AND UNSUPPORTED. USE AT YOU OWN RISK.
  #############################################################

I have personnaly tested this module on anope 1.7.15 and unreal 3.2.5 and it work fine execpt for the part command which make also part the botserv bot who is assigned in the channel

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »

The os_clientjoin module by SGR makes all botserv bots and services pseudo-clients (ChanServ, NickServ, OperServ etc.) to a channel. That is which i dont like, and this module will join only botserv bots to a channel.

EZEki3l wrote:
I have personnaly tested this module on anope 1.7.15 and unreal 3.2.5 and it work fine execpt for the part command which make also part the botserv bot who is assigned in the channel

you mean this module (bs_joinbots) or os_clientjoin ?

Regarding the test, this module was tested on 1.7.13, 1.7.14 + 1.7.15 using Unreal3.2.5 and works fine ^^ and lastly when using the PARTBOTS command provided by this module, if there is any botserv bot assigned on a channel, the bot will rejoin the channel unlike os_clientjoin ^_^
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

EZEki3l

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:47:34 PM »

I speak about the module os_clientjoin  because in the module the author wrote :
 THIS MODULE IS UNTESTED AND UNSUPPORTED. USE AT YOU OWN RISK.

On my server I prefer makes all botserv bots and the services pseudo-clients in the services channel with os_clientjoin
I wanted just to show this module which has almost the same functions

I have tested and tranlate bs_joinbots to french
the module work fine and I like the bot rejoin if it assigned on the channel :)

But it doesn't what I want
I would make join all botserv bot and all services pseudo clients + those are created with modules like reportserv but I 'm not a coder :s
If you can complete your module with these options I wil like that :)

(if you want see my translated version or if you don't want I use this version say it here I will post a link)

[Edite le 2-9-2006 par EZEki3l]

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 09:11:45 PM »

i did write an updated module for better support with the latest version of Anope. except this one is tested and supposed by myself. i re-wrote most of the module. maybe you could write the french translation for me? take a look here

http://www.area51designz.com/c/anope/os_clientjoin.c

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 07:48:40 PM »

:O if you can provide the translation and the link for bs_joinbots and os_clientjoin module (updated version by Tom), it will be welcomed ^^ so that other french users can used the translated version too :)

and btw, Tom65789, why dont you renamed the module to something like os_clientjoin_update ... etc... in order to prevent misunderstanding :P

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »

becuz!!! i cant be bothered to do that lol!

EZEki3l, although you might not be a coder you could really help with the translations :)

like the language tables we use instead. that way the module can contain all languages! in fact some of the smaller modules i never bothered putting them into a language table. gonna do that now

Edit: k i have added the language table :)

[Edited on 3-9-2006 by Tom65789]

EZEki3l

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »

Hi :)

I added multi language in bs_joinbots and my language

http://dreamchat.fr/anopemod/bs_joinbots.c

Thanks Tom65789 for the language table I didn't how to do :)
but I would translate all parts of modules like alog and part message or other things and I ask me if it possible with moduleGetLangString ?

I will test that :)
[Edite le 5-9-2006 par EZEki3l]

[Edite le 5-9-2006 par EZEki3l]

[Edite le 6-9-2006 par EZEki3l]
Pages: [1]   Go Up