Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL - Help with linking Nicknames and passwords with punbb furum  (Read 4632 times)

Dags400

Ok this is confusing me.

I want to share the same database as my forum http://thewolf.info.tm/forum with Services, So that users of the site can login to the Java Chat with the same credentials as they used on the forum.

What i would like to know is can i tell anope to use data punbb, table row _pbusers fields username and password.

??

Can anyone help me?

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »

you would need a module to do this, im not aware of one already existing.

Dags400

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »

ok.. So is it possible to be able to config the system to use specific tables, rows and fields?

I have never programmed an module before.. How would I start?, Or is there someone that can do it as a project or something?

Also the forum software i am using has hashed the passwords using an encyption key of some sort.. If i could find out what encryption it used would it be possible for services to use the same key?

[Edited on 19-7-2006 by Dags400]

Dags400

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 04:15:24 AM »

I have found out from another forum the guys that created the forum i am using they told me to edit the IRC services access to the mysql database and change for example the command to retrieve passwords.

SELECT password FROM punbb_users WHERE users '%s' AND password="SHA1"(%s);

I guess this solves the encryption problem, so if there is a way to change the mysql access commands on the services i would like to know.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 08:12:02 AM »

as we said before, you would have to make a module to do that, since anope dosnt do mysql access for passwords in real time like that.  a module could.

a good place to start for module coding is the wiki
Pages: [1]   Go Up