Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: bs_fantasy_ext (Version 1.4.1 Released - Critical update!)  (Read 252285 times)

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: bs_fantasy_ext (Version 1.4.0 Released)
« Reply #325 on: December 24, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »

With the release of anope 1.8.7 it is now possible to publish the updated bs_f_ext to the modsite for the masses..
This final release contains a few more changes over the previous devel release which are listed below..

Upgrading is highly recommended as the crashbug in !help (thx to TMFKSOFT for reporting) nearly blew the party  ::)

The module can now again be downloaded from the module site: http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=42

Changes
        F  Fixed tban expiry times always been generated in english.
        F  Fixed possible crash when loading missing lang file.
        F  Fixed a crashbug in !help when another supported fantasy module is loaded & detected.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jan Milants

• Team
bs_fantasy_ext 1.4.1 Ready for testing
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »

It has been a while again since my last release and since there were still some unresolved bugs, I thought it was time to push out a new version..

Before publishing anything to the modules site, I request some people download the latest code from GIT and give it a spin..
Find a full change list below, but the changes aren't drastic, so I think it should be stable enough to be tested on a live network.. ::)

I appreciate all feedback, even if it s just a confirmation everything is working fine..  8)

For translators: I intend to release this update to the modules site in the last weekend of September, so any updated translations for the language files should be in my inbox before then..  :)

Download 1.4.1-GIT: snapshot link (12/09/2012).
Repo: http://git.milanza.org/?p=anope-modules/bs_fantasy_ext;a=summary

Changes
        A  Added !tprepend and !rprepend to prepend topic and replace last topic prepend.
        A  Added (VERY) partial German language file. (Provided by Han`.) (This still needs to be comleted!)
        U  Updated module support to detect bs_fantasy_vhost and ignore help queries handled by it.
        U  Replaced the French language file with a rewritten version provided by PePsY.
               (Translation was made for 1.4.0, so contains some English strings to work with 1.4.1.)
        R  Removed header and footer from !help as it was conflicting with other fantasy modules.
        F  Fixed !rappend|!trapp clearing entire topic when issued without argument instead of removing the last append.
        F  Prevent replying to !help set karma and !set karma when bs_fantasy_karma is around to handle it.
        F  Fixed !tappend and !rappend (unlike !topic) being inaccessible to AOPs even when topiclock is disabled. (Reported by n0kS.)
        F  Fixed !clear invites clearing excepts instead on IRCd's with SVSMODE support.
        F  Fixed !clear voices on ircd's with SVSMODE support.
        F  Fixed !set mlock not handling modes with parameters correctly. (Reported by n0kS.)
        F  Fixed minor malformations in showing seconds in output of expiry times. (Reported by Han`.)
        F  Fixed the modules implementation of !unban being used even if OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
        F  Fixed !help showing help for disabled commands when OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
        F  Added missing help for !ctopic, !unban and all status mode commands (!op/!deop/..).

Mitsos

• Anope User
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »

I tryied to load it on my anope services and sais that i have os_raw module in and cannot work with it and retur FATAL, is there anyway to make it work with the os_raw module inside ?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »

No, disable raw.

Jan Milants

• Team
bs_fantasy_ext 1.4.1 Release - Critical Update
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2013, 07:22:09 PM »

It has been a while since the release of 1.4.0 and a number of bugs of varying severity have surfaced, and been fixed in that time. However, recently a critical, exploitable infinite loop vulnerability was reported in 1.4.0, thus an immediate fix was required. (All versions since 1.3.0 are known to be affected; older versions were not verified.)
This release fixes that bug, as well as many other issues that were fixed in the repository over the past year.

I made a pre-release of 1.4.0, but I didn't receive much/any feedback, so I have no idea how well most of the changes in the release have been tested in a real environment, given that I no longer operate my own IRC network to try stuff on ;D

The most notable changes:
 - Added !tprepend and !rprepend to prepend topic and replace last prepend on a topic.
 - french & german language updates; though these are still lacking given that noone has managed to do a full translation to date.
 - Various fixes for !clear and topic related commands.
 - Fixed a number of crash & infinite loop bugs in the status commands (!op/!deop/..).

The module can be downloaded from the modules site: http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=42
Repo: http://git.milanza.org/?p=anope-modules/bs_fantasy_ext;a=summary

Changelog:
        A  Added !tprepend and !rprepend to prepend topic and replace last topic prepend.
        A  Added (VERY) partial German language file. (Provided by Han`.) (This still needs to be comleted!)
        U  Updated module support to detect bs_fantasy_vhost and ignore help queries handled by it.
        U  Replaced the French language file with a rewritten version provided by PePsY.
               (Translation was made for 1.4.0, so contains some English strings to work with 1.4.1.)
        U  Added os_clientjoin to list of unsupported modules in combination with this module.
        R  Removed header and footer from !help as it was conflicting with other fantasy modules.
        F  Fixed !rappend|!trapp clearing entire topic when issued without argument instead of removing the last append.
        F  Prevent replying to !help set karma and !set karma when bs_fantasy_karma is around to handle it.
        F  Fixed !tappend and !rappend (unlike !topic) being inaccessible to AOPs even when topiclock is disabled. (Reported by n0kS.)
        F  Fixed !clear invites clearing excepts instead on IRCd's with SVSMODE support.
        F  Fixed !clear voices on ircd's with SVSMODE support.
        F  Fixed !set mlock not handling modes with parameters correctly. (Reported by n0kS.)
        F  Fixed minor malformations in showing seconds in output of expiry times. (Reported by Han`.)
        F  Fixed the modules implementation of !unban being used even if OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
        F  Fixed !help showing help for disabled commands when OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
        F  Added missing help for !ctopic, !unban and all status mode commands (!op/!deop/..).
        F  Fixed crashbug in all status mode commands (!op/!deop/..) when parsing wide masks due to a missing buffer reset. (Reported by TinMan.)
        F  Fixed crashbug in all status mode commands (!op/!deop/..) when parsing a large number of arguments/nicks.
        F  Fixed a crashbug in !set nobot on. This bug was only exploitable by SAs. (Reported by epok.)
        F  Fixed infinite loop bug in !de* status mode commands (!deop/!devoice/..) due to failure to move pointer before continuing. (Reported by NKT.)
        F  Fixed memory leak in status mode commands (!op/!deop/..) when encountering access denied or unsupported modes. (Reported by Attila.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:20:09 AM by Jan Milants »

tusaichi

• Anope User
Re: bs_fantasy_ext (Version 1.4.1 Released - Critical update!)
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »

I've installed on my net bs_fantasy_ext [1.4.1 [ QM-u-OpC0]]

but the commands for ircop (! kill! akill! mode! ignore), do not work.
The system always gives the answer "access denied"
At this point I wonder if you have to enable something on OperServ, or some other form IT TAKES?
thanks

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »

based on the version reply flags in your answer, you have oper commands disabled in your configuration.

This is controlled by the EnOperCmds and SAdminOverride configuration directives which you copied from the installation instructions to the services.conf.. (you were meant to read those btw.. ::))

tusaichi

• Anope User
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »

Thank you for responding.
Could you be more detailed? Maybe saying what I should materially enabled. Thanks again :)

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #333 on: September 25, 2013, 08:27:19 AM »

Uhm.. it can't get much more detailed... you have to change the EnOperCmds and SAdminOverride configuration directives, that s all...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up