Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inspircd 1.2 support  (Read 16699 times)

Obi_Wan

Inspircd 1.2 support
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

As inspircd 1.2 now came to beta I think it would be a very nice idea to think about a protocol module for anope. Sadly my knowledge of c/c++ and protocol modules are very limited so I'm unable to do it by myself.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
Re: Inspircd 1.2 support
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »

Sorry but that wont be happening until Anope 1.9 development branch at the earliest.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »

Actually that would depend on if the ircd's protocol has changed so much that it needs it's changes to the core. If not then a 3rd party proto module can be written or perhaps even use the 1.1 module. It really just depends on what the differences between 1.1 and 1.2 is protocol wise.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »

I spoke with w00t, it has changed somewhat so its something we'll need to look into.

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:00:05 PM »

we will likely have to change the anope core to such an extend it will lose backwards compatibility on the nickserv database to fix a "simple" bug, there s talk about giving os ignore a back-end database as a core feature still in the current development branch.. I don't see a reason why a inspircd 1.2 protocol module cannot be shipped with anope, even if core changes are required, though it does depend on the extend of those changes.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »

spoke with w00t too and he actually recommended against adding InspIRCd 1.2 support at this time as the amount of changes in anope required would be quite invasive..
Maybe once 1.8 is decently rolled out this can be considered for in an update to the 1.8 branch..

Obi_Wan

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »

Is there any roadmap or status on the anope development?

katsklaw

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »

not really, we've tried the scheduled release idea in the past and it never seemed to work well for us. So today we just simply say "it'll be released when it's released".

additionally, 1.9 devel hasn't been put into writing yet and wont be until 1.8 stable is released.

Obi_Wan

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

But wasn't there some sort of list what still has to be done etc?

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »

additionally, 1.9 devel hasn't been put into writing yet and wont be until 1.8 stable is released.
Not true...
Anope-ng is making a lot of progress and is much more active then anope svn has ever been..

There is a git repository at http://git.inspircd.org/git/anope/.git/
and an overview of the latest updates at  http://git.inspircd.org/?p=anope/.git;a=summary

Of course if you want a 1.9 branch done by the anope devs themselves, then there is nothing yet, but since we lack the resources (devs able to commit) i think anope-ng is a very good alternative :)

katsklaw

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »

Of course if you want a 1.9 branch done by the anope devs themselves, then there is nothing yet, but since we lack the resources (devs able to commit)

Which is exactly what I was refering to (as well as irc-cantus). Which is the last Official future developmewnt project I was informed of. Anope-ng is a very new project that I've not had the chance to check out nor have I ever been informed that it's the official path to 1.9 development as nothing has ever been posted to Anope mailing lists stating such. The only thing about this I've been informed about is the existance of yet another irc channel that I dont' have the time to idle in.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:59:17 PM by katsklaw »

therock247uk

• Anope User
    • http://www.247fixes.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 07:01:25 PM »

* therock247uk wonders when a new protocal mod will be made...

katsklaw

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »

if you read the above, you'd know that it'll be after 1.8 Stable is released and 1.9 devel started.

Robin Burchell

• Team
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 03:31:55 AM »

Probably worth a bump to note that this is now in SVN

Obi_Wan

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:24:43 AM »

And the protocol module actually works. I've got it running on my testserver. However I don't want to recommend using 1.9-SVN on a productive system yet hehe
Pages: [1]   Go Up