Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I keep my channel modes/keys set when no users in channel?  (Read 4700 times)

nanoflower

• Anope User

I have a few channels on my Unreal IRC server (running Anope 1.7.21) that I want to keep private and keyed. They stay that way so long as someone stays logged into the channel but when there is no one in the channel they lose their keys and special modes.

I tried fixing this by setting up the bot services and assigning them to the channels. While the bots seem to be working fine the same thing (losing modes/keys) still happens when the last person leaves the channel.)

Any idea why this would occur and how to prevent it from happening? I've been working on this off and on for the past few weeks and nothing seems to help.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
Re: How do I keep my channel modes/keys set when no users in channel?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »

Firstly see /msg ChanServ help set mlock

Secondly, when the channel is empty no modes exist on the channel, and there's nothing Anope can do about that. Your only solution is to have a bot "live" in the channel.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

nanoflower

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Okay, then the next obvious question is how do I keep the bot alive in the channel? I thought that would be the case with the BotServ bots, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:06:43 PM »

You try a bot such as an eggdrop, or perhaps Denora's StatServ bot when you add the channelt o chanstats (default is it lives in the channel)
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

deiks

• Anope User
  • Shizle my nizle
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

I have a few channels on my Unreal IRC server (running Anope 1.7.21) that I want to keep private and keyed. They stay that way so long as someone stays logged into the channel but when there is no one in the channel they lose their keys and special modes.

I tried fixing this by setting up the bot services and assigning them to the channels. While the bots seem to be working fine the same thing (losing modes/keys) still happens when the last person leaves the channel.)

Any idea why this would occur and how to prevent it from happening? I've been working on this off and on for the past few weeks and nothing seems to help.

I think I saw some mod before that keeps some channels mlocked if noone is there.
Like for #services monitoring etc., but I don't remember it's name.

So if you using Unreal IRCd, try deny channel block (:

Code: [Select]
deny channel {
channel "#*serv*";
reason "Administration Only!";
redirect "#chat-chan";
};
* [dx] using that :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up