Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: irc services doesn't make it in time to connect to unreal irc server  (Read 2883 times)

izvrashenj

My problem is :
When i fully restart my server (Debian), it starts unrealircd, starts ircservices (anope), but seems that anope starts before unrealircd or something like that and irc server doesn't allow anope to connect to it. It shows connection activated, then link denied (no matching link configuration) and closed the connection and so on.. But when i manually start ircservices again, it connects to unrealircserver succesfully and all works just fine. Where could be the problem? Should i change something in my unrealircserver or anope configuration ? Cause now when i fully restart whole server (shutdown -r now), sometimes when it restarts, ircservices connect to unrealircserver automatically and succesfully, sometimes not and i have to start them manually.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »

Connection activated means either autoconnect in the link config or someone used /connect, neither of which work with Anope.

Anope would need to be started and listening on an IP and port for either to work, which Anope doesnt do. Anope connects when it's started. If it's not started it wont connect.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 08:55:12 PM »

no matching link configuration <-- that might explain a few things too.

izvrashenj

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »

But why when i start anope one more time (tb manually), it connects to server succesfully? I think if something would be wrong in my configuration then it shouldn't work at all.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »

then you have autoconnect enabled for that block as Jobe suggests, remove it. Anope can not use ANY of unreals options in the link block .. so it's best to remove the entire options sub-block.
Pages: [1]   Go Up