Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update a module  (Read 7900 times)

Keiro

• Anope User
Update a module
« on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »

Hi,

I have a module that seems to be needing an update to work with Anope 2.x... although I could've sworn I had it working fine on Anope 2.x...

These are the warnings I get when I compile the module:

This is for RPGServ
Code: [Select]
Scanning dependencies of target rpgserv.so
[ 87%] Building CXX object modules/CMakeFiles/rpgserv.so.dir/rpgserv/rpgserv.o
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rpgserv.cpp:93:13: warning: ‘mt’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
  static int mt[MERS_N]; /* State vector */
             ^
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rpgserv.cpp:94:13: warning: ‘mti’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
  static int mti; /* Index into mt */
             ^
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rpgserv.cpp:298:22: warning: ‘Anope::string dtoa(double)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static Anope::string dtoa(double num)
                      ^

This is for the other modules that plug into RPGServ:
Scanning dependencies of target rs_roll+.so
[ 90%] Building CXX object modules/CMakeFiles/rs_roll+.so.dir/rpgserv/rs_roll+.o
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_roll+.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CommandRSRollPlus::Execute(CommandSource&, const std::vector<Anope::string>&)’:
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_roll+.cpp:168:32: warning: ‘Y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
      myroll2 = myroll2 + myroll;
                                ^
/home/user/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_roll+.cpp:178:38: warning: ‘X’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
    std::sort(dicerolls, dicerolls + X);
                                      ^
Scanning dependencies of target rs_exalted.so
[ 89%] Building CXX object modules/CMakeFiles/rs_exalted.so.dir/rpgserv/rs_exalted.o
Linking CXX shared module rs_exalted.so
[ 89%] Built target rs_exalted.so
Scanning dependencies of target rs_fudge.so
[ 89%] Building CXX object modules/CMakeFiles/rs_fudge.so.dir/rpgserv/rs_fudge.o
/home/keiro/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_fudge.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool CommandRSFudge::OnHelp(CommandSource&, const Anope::string&)’:
/home/keiro/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_fudge.cpp:138:7: warning: unused variable ‘dicemax’ [-Wunused-variable]
   int dicemax = Config->GetModule("rpgserv")->Get<int>("dicemax","30");
       ^
/home/keiro/anopedev/anope-2.0.1-source/modules/rpgserv/rs_fudge.cpp:139:7: warning: unused variable ‘sidemax’ [-Wunused-variable]
   int sidemax = Config->GetModule("rpgserv")->Get<int>("sidemax","100");
       ^

Naturally, I do have the modules in question and can provide them to whoever is willing to help me get these fixed so it works in Anope 2.x

Edit: Looks like RPGServ loads fine but requires: [08:47:29AM] <08@Global> Module rpgserv couldn't load due to configuration problems: rpgserv: <client> must be defined
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:48:23 PM by Keiro »

Adam

• Team
Re: Update a module
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:22 PM »

So configure the module properly so it will load?

Keiro

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:54:09 PM »

So configure the module properly so it will load?

Not sure how it's supposed to be configured. There's really no documentation for defining what it needs. I'm currently reading the Anope docs right now. Just spotted the e-mail for this topic.

Edit: Including a pastebin of the rpgserv.cpp: https://pastebin.com/NGLiLt2w

See, I'm not a developer. I know enough to be dangerous. I can set things up provided there's documentation for it... but I checked, there wasn't any documentation that came with the module in question. There's a few more modules that came with RPGServ which seems to extend the functionality of RPGServ.

But again, I'm no developer so I'm not sure what I'm looking at when I check out the code to glean any sort of information that might could go towards configuring it properly.

I did, however, copy a chanserv.conf file to rpgserv.conf and edited it... now RPGServ does come online, but it doesn't seem to do any of the functions that it would normally do.

If I could please get help with that too, I'd be eternally grateful. It also would allow me to attach documentation to the RPGServ in the event I need to recompile and forget what exactly needed doing if I somehow manage to lose everything. (There's backups, but you know, better safe than sorry.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:16:21 PM by Keiro »

Adam

• Team
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

I don't know how the module needs to be configured, I did not create the module. Perhaps ask the author?

Keiro

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »

I don't know how the module needs to be configured, I did not create the module. Perhaps ask the author?

Neither do I. I found the logs that contained the location of where I got this from. Have contacted them but I suspect they're not the original author.

But! I did manage to get RPGServ to load... but it's not responding to anything. I'll have to create a separate topic for that issue and ask for further troubleshooting/config help.

My OP still stands, though... I'd like to get this module's warning issues taken care of.

Edit: Got it all working. Turns out that I did in fact contact the author. Oops. Well, good to know for the future... <_<;

*coughs* I'm good to go, now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:56:30 PM by Keiro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up