Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS BAN & KICK  (Read 17521 times)

Werther

CS BAN & KICK
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:40:56 PM »

I was wondering if you can make a module which will prevent users that have certain access on some channel to use ChanServ ban and kick cmds on services admins, or even include this feature in the new version of anope.

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 02:21:03 PM »

If you're in levels mode (XOP OFF) you can disable access to BAN and KICK. See /cs levels #chan list for the levels which can be adjusted (when xop is off), and you'll see BAN/BANME/KICK/KICKME in there.

Werther

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:30:55 PM »

No, you didn`t understand what i had asked. I want a feature so that a user that has AOP/SOP/Founder whatever on some channel can`t kick a user that has a services admin in OperServ and is on that channel but without any access. Something like if someone tries to kick an OperServ SA with CS KICK will get msg -ChanServ- You can`t kick $nick because he is a services admin -

chasingsol

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:07:11 AM »

That's already possible if the Services Admin is set as Super Admin. Services won't kick them.

Although, that's a generally bad idea having Services Admin in that status all the time anyway... but what you ask is already possible.

Werther

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »

I don`t want to have super admin turned on all the time and i don`t want to have +qo on all channels because people complain that is oper abuse. I just want that nobody can kick me.

malice

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »

If you're running unrealircd you can set some spam filters to block people trying to kick you. (as in block the commands)

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by malice]

FiXato

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 04:37:14 PM »

Originally posted by malice
If you're running unrealircd you can set some spam filters to block people trying to kick you. (as in block the commands)

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by malice]

Actually, that is quite a clever solution I've not thought of yet :)
Especially now that Unreal supports spamfilters in the command aliases!

I think the spamfilter code would be something along the lines of
Code: [Select]

/spamfilter add pPn block - You_can't_kick_services_admins. (cs|chanserv) (kick|ban) #\S* YourNick.*

Not sure if this one is correct since I am not sure if the alias command needs to be included in the spamfilter.

However, this still isn't a nice solution I think, since you would have to set it for every nickname in your nickgroup and for every services admin.

So indeed, a module that would allow it would be nice.
Especially in co-operation with the usermode +q (can't be kicked from channel by non-U:lined servers) from Unreal (or similar modes on other ircds).

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 05:04:14 PM »

I don't see the use... if join need to clean up a 'hostile' channel where you'll be kickbanned on sight, just enable superadmin and you'll get +q so you can't be kicked; when you're done, you disable superadmin again. In any other situation i don't see any reason to get this 'special privileges' just because you're an irc operator.

FiXato

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »

Hmm, yes you are right. Or temporarily removing the user's accesslevel to prevent him from having access to the kick/ban commands would work as well.
Being unable to be kicked all the time just because of your status isn't the way to go.

Werther

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »

Thats not the reason i need that feature. I have a small new network that is growing now and there are many users (some of them my good friends) that like to play tricks with admins and kick them from channels. I hate that and i usually explode and GLINE all of them. But that is not good for the network because some of them then get mad and stop coming to the server. So i want a module that will prevent them doing that. Pls make that module :) I really really need it :*

FiXato

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 01:41:12 AM »

If it is their channel, they have the right to kick you from it.
If you can't control your temper and end up g:lining them.. then maybe you should reconsider if you yourself are suited enough to have such power..
Life is serious enough already... so you should perhaps learn to take a joke..

just my 2 cts
Pages: [1]   Go Up