Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: assign entrymsg a permission, so that someone other than founder can set it  (Read 8939 times)

hermithome

• Anope User

At the moment, entrymsg is only viewable or settable by the channel founder. The actual founder, not just a user with +F flags. In most services, the ability to set entrymsg is tied to the +s flag. I think that would be ideal. But if not +s, at least assign it some permission so that someone other than the founder can set it.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User

At the moment, entrymsg is only viewable or settable by the channel founder. The actual founder, not just a user with +F flags. In most services, the ability to set entrymsg is tied to the +s flag. I think that would be ideal. But if not +s, at least assign it some permission so that someone other than the founder can set it.

1. I doubt it's "only viewable" by the founder as you claim. that would defeat the entire purpose of the entrymsg. If by ome change it *IS* only viewable founders, then it's a bug.
2. "in most services" .. you mean "in atheme". There are only 2 main stream IRC services packages that offer channel permissions flags. Anope2  and atheme.
3. I agree +F should be able to set entrymsg, I don't agree than non-founders should be able to set it.

Just Sayin.

hermithome

• Anope User

It is. It's IsFounder() not HasPriv("FOUNDER").

[18:34:39]  @Adam:    well, that and I think 1.8 used to have it founder only
[18:35:02]  @Adam:    or well 1.8 actually had it tied to SET, which was by default founder only

[18:58:01]  @Adam:    as I told hermithome, there is IsFounder() which is what it was doing, and then there is the privilege, founder, which is separate, which is probably what was meant to be there

I don't really think tying it in with the founder flag makes much sense. The founder flag is for big stuff, like drop, changing founder, setting levels and so on. And entry message control doesn't fit in w/ those. I think it makes more sense for +s, which is by default, founder only, but can be given without giving all the big stuff that +F does.

That said, assigning it any permission would be an improvement, because permissions are mappable, and that's a much easier change.

Zach Bloomquist

• Anope User

That said, assigning it any permission would be an improvement, because permissions are mappable, and that's a much easier change.

+1 to this. I agree with your logic that entry messages are on the significance level of most SET options, not on the founder level of significance.

There's an open pull request on GH with changes to this effect. https://github.com/anope/anope/pull/98
Pages: [1]   Go Up