Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: inject  (Read 7900 times)

fusa

• Anope User
inject
« on: October 01, 2008, 01:47:15 AM »

I recently switched to anope from cygnus irc services.  one thing I miss is the "/rootserv inject" command.  The command basically injects a command from the founder as if another bot, user, etc performed the command. For example the following could force an eggdrop bot to register it self:

/rootserv  inject :EggdropBot PRIVMSG Nickserv :register password email@addr.ess

I realize that this command can be done in eggdrop.conf but its just used as an example.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
Re: inject
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 02:29:54 AM »

Sounds a lot like "raw" to me.. of which I am against.. so this is better as a mod if some cares to rip the code from Cygnus (if you can still find it.. its been dead so long)
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:44:12 AM »

Trystan, it's LIKE raw, only it's from another angle, it's a raw where the message is sent TO Anope not FROM Anope.

And to be honest, isn't required but could probably be done as a third party module.

Frankly I'm of the opinion, if you're too lazy to setup your bots properly, then you probably shouldn't be running a bot in the first place.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »

1> opers shouldn't be using such commands FOR real users, they will learn nothing.
2> opers shouldn't be using such commands imposing as real users, it pisses them off and they'll leave.
3> If you want it to use with your bots, stop being lazy and use the conf/partyline. coders are not here to write modules to do something your bot is more than capable of just because you don't feel like it.

fusa

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »

Unfortunately not all bots have the ability to modify permissions by channels.  Denora for one.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »

Denora, if ulined, and ulined in Anope can do what it pleases, and hell you can even see in #anope it DOES do as it pleases.

Plus a simple module can be written for Denora to identify it to Anope
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

to force someone to identify there is a module called forceid, and if you want something similar for other commands, those too should be done using seperate modules.
Anope should not have to parse a command from a user that makes it pretend as coming from another user.. for starters the reply will be send to the wrong user and it s imho just a stupid hack.. the ability to pretend to be someone else is like adding a command with a big label "abuse me"..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up