Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non-English languages  (Read 3912 times)

Max

• Anope User
Non-English languages
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »

When choosing a language to communicate in non-English (any other), this language is translated only some text. Everything else appears in English.
This is a bug, glitch or something else?

Han

• Contributor
Re: Non-English languages
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »

Its not a bug, the other lanuages will follow in the near future.
You are welcome to write on your language :)

Greets Han`

cirinho

• Anope User
  • vIRCio.org
    • vIRCio.org
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »

In 1.9.6 Only have language Englhis

To create new language can see

doc/LANGUAGE
2) Adding a new language

Anope uses gettext (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/) to translate messages for users. To add a new language
    install gettext and run `msginit -l language -o anope.language.po -i anope.pot`. For example if I was translating to
    Spanish I could run `msginit -l es_ES -o anope.es_ES.po -i anope.pot`. Open the newly generating .po file and start
    translating. Once you are done simply rerun ./Config; make && make install and add the language to your services.conf.
    Note that on Windows it is not quite this simple, windows.cpp must be edited and Anope recompiled and restarted.

Poedit (http://www.poedit.net/) is a popular po file editor, and we recommend using it or another editor designed to edit
    po files (especially on Windows).

If you have finished a language file translation and you want others to use it, please send it to team@anope.org
    (don't forget to mention clearly your (nick)name, your e-mail and the language name). You'll of course get full credit f$

NOTE: There is no guarantee we will use your work so please do not be offended if we say no thanks.

example i´m create pt_BR now becouse i need

msginit -l pt_BR -o anope.pt_BR.po -i anope.pot

Max

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »

I am interested in the Russian language. I looked at the file anope.mo (of course, decode it to the .po format. And he is almost completely transferred. Why, then, in the services themselves do not display messages in this file?
Pages: [1]   Go Up