Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Module coding  (Read 5060 times)

T-rexke

Module coding
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »

hey i like to learn how to code modules for anope where can i learn to do this

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »

Basically just read through some simple already existing modules and see how they are structured (that s how i started). Try to rewrite one of them on your own or start with a simple one of your own. Good/Simple examples are os_massmode, os_kill, bs_fantasytemplate, cs_logdel and bs_assign_sa.

Another place with some helpful anope related info is the anope wiki. Just check out the modules section. There are 2 basic tutorials in there, but they don't go that deep. Might be useful to go through them first though.
The doxy, which is basically an overview of all funtions, variables and structures in anope is currently offline, but heinz has put another version online here.

It might also help to follow a few intro's into C if you don't have any experience with that programming language, or programming at all (in that case it s highly recommendable).
I skipped the latter step, though i do have to go look some stuff up now and then (definately in the beginning), but i did have C# programming experience.

And you can always ask for more concrete help here or on IRC :)

[Edited on 2-8-2007 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up