Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mail confirmation  (Read 5332 times)

engineer

• Anope User
mail confirmation
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »

Hi

When users on my channel use a hotmail jubii yahoo etc when they want to reg their nick they dont recive an mail with a confirmaton code but gmail for exampel works like a charm.Is this a common problem or is their something i can do to "enable" all sorts off mail accounts when people reg.

Best Regards

Engineer

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »

this is because of stupid spamfilters blocking legit mail... if you use an open smtp to send the mail through, this would be normal. It s not really an anope issue, but caused by the mail server you use.
You can always try to contact microsoft/yahoo to inquire about why the mail isn't being delivered..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

engineer

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

Im not sure it's because of the spamfilter Viper if it where they should recive it anyway at least in the spam folder.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »

In any case, it's NOT Anope's fault nor can we help you further. Anope doesn't pick and choose who gets mailed and who doesn't. As far as Anope is concerned .. it works or it doesn't, there is no "kinda". By your own admission Anope has sent mail before, that means Anope is working correctly.

Anope only send the mail to the specified server, beyond that it's totally up to all MTA's between yours and your users as to if it gets delivered.

engineer

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »

Thanks for your reply katsklaw yes as i said Anope DO send mail but not to everbodu i never said it was an anope problem.

Best Regards

Engineer

[Edited on 31-5-2008 by engineer]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »

I'm just making it clear that it is not.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »

Originally posted by engineer
Im not sure it's because of the spamfilter Viper if it where they should recive it anyway at least in the spam folder.

no... the mail they get in trash is the mail that the spamfilter isn't 100% sure about.
If you send mail from an open smtp relay to a @hotmail.com address it won't even make it to the spam folder...

i suggest you do some reading regarding this topic.. there are a lot of blogs and topic about this issue to be found.

[Edited on 31-5-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Izv143

• Anope User
    • www.krajinalive.com
Re:
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

this is because of stupid spamfilters blocking legit mail... if you use an open smtp to send the mail through, this would be normal. It s not really an anope issue, but caused by the mail server you use.
You can always try to contact microsoft/yahoo to inquire about why the mail isn't being delivered..

Is it possible to change msg on new registration request this is now on new request " NickServ- A passcode has been sent to mail@myemail.com, please type /msg NickServ confirm <passcode> to complete registration ", may be just add "  if you don't receive e-mail from us within 5 minutes please check your junk e-mail folder"
Pages: [1]   Go Up