Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Botserv or Chanserv problem ?  (Read 5464 times)

The_Van

Botserv or Chanserv problem ?
« on: February 13, 2006, 07:08:22 AM »

Hi, i`ve a problem whit botserv or chanserv i think...
when a user join to a channel registred but whit nobody there.. the botserv gives operator status ..

whats the problem whit the services.???

the bot X when any user joins to any channel whit 0 users .. gives op to the user...

malice

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »

There use to be an option to leaveop's (the idea was if the channel was registered and empty then the first person to join got op'd) looking through the changes file though it was removed from the Epona version, so either the network is still running epona or the network has a module to re-enable this command.

From the Changes file
2000/12/02  Deleted SET LEAVEOPS command from ChanServ, because it's just a big security hole maker.

Hope that helps.

(Or this got re-enabled in 1.7.x :)

[Edited on 18-2-2006 by malice]

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »

Originally posted by malice
(the idea was if the channel was registered and empty then the first person to join got op'd)

I hope you mean when the chan is not registered. as if the chan is not registered it will give ops to anyone that comes in as long as they are the 1st to join the chan.

but if your asking why it is giving ops to someone when the chan is registered. then you might have to clear out the op list and try again. as i know we had a user have the same problem. he had added a host with only this *!*@*. and that gave anyone ops. but after he delted that it was fine.

The_Van

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

thanx the problems solves ..

the problem was the ulines  in the services.conf

uncoment this line .. works fine.
thanx
Pages: [1]   Go Up