Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] How much you think this would cost? [RuneScapeServ]  (Read 6290 times)

andy

• Anope User
[REQ] How much you think this would cost? [RuneScapeServ]
« on: September 12, 2006, 01:07:32 AM »

How much do you think this would cost from an average custom-module service?:

Service Name: RuneScapeServ

What it does: Many things, including:

(Get from hiscore.runescape.com): Player stats lookups (single stats and all stats), combat stat lookup, player rank lookups, closest skill to level, highest skill, compare player stats

(Get from runescape.com): RuneScape world (server) status (including how many are on the world, world type, world status (online/offline)).

(Get from zybez.net/priceguide.php): Item Prices, item price changes (from X date to Y date).

(Get from runehead.com): Clan lookup, what clan a player is in, clan ranks.

(Get from zybez.net): Links to skill guides (based on the skill given in the command), links to quest guides (based on the quest given in the command), city information, MiniGame help links, guild guide links.

(Misc): RuneScape Name storing (like set a name and when someone from your IP or vHost uses a stats command, they do not have to put in a RuneScape Name, as it would be stored somewhere), calculations that turn 1k into 1,000 and 1m into 1,000,000, current time of X user, Void Knight Points command (!vk), in which you can edit the VKP formula in RuneScape.conf.

(Extra files (mainly for configuration/customization)): RuneScape.conf (would give you customization of most things, including links. Some links change over time. Also, give customization of the combat formula and whether or not !command works in channel or they have to do /rs command(s), and add your own 1-15 lines in the /msg RuneScapeServ help command, access to modifying the Void Knight Points formula) (could be an addition to services.conf).

I might think of more for a custom coder to do for this, but I think that will cost me enough as it is....

I know I probably sound like a complete fool making this my first post, but it would be highly useful to my server as it grows (this could attract a lot more users).

~andy
^_^ >_> <_< v_v

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:37:25 AM »

This is a bit detailed of a module.. with alot more details needed but rough guess based on details so far, would put my bid at $150 USD and probably about 4 weeks time span of work... I am probably coming in a bit hight here but this is gonna require a lot of coding
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

andy

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:37:41 AM »

Well, that's lower than I expected :o
^_^ >_> <_< v_v

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:24:07 AM »

That actaully sounds pretty intresting - im guessing your making some irc style version?  which network is it, if you dont mind me asking? :)

Edit: thinking more about it, id question why it would be a services module, if it was a standalone *Serv, it wouldnt impact services performance while looking up web pages etc...

[Edited on 12-9-2006 by Rob]

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:22:29 AM »

yes this is quite an interesting idea. havent actually played runescape but i've seen quite a bit about it. but i would agree with Rob that making it a stand alone *Serv would be better. maybe a new project :p

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:58:20 PM »

Yes something of this size would benefit from its own work space.

andy

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »

So how much would it cost to make it a standalone *Serv?

I'm gonna take a guess at "A LOT" more.

Thanks for your replies :) And that's a really good point that it would probably take an impact on current working services...

Also, adding on to the topic post, it'd be nice for it to have an editable nick, but only on restarting, of course! :) The reason I think of that is that the RuneScape-based IRC server I came up on throughout the past year, RuneScapeServ was already taken (before I watched it drop and got it myself).

Other nicks could be "RuneServ", "RSServ", and "JagexServ". Although, for it to be JagexServ, it would probably have to have something more to do with actual Jagex than just RuneScape.
^_^ >_> <_< v_v

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 04:14:45 AM »

At this level, it is better as a community project allow alot of people to work on it..

If done community based.. I wouldn't charge but time table would be far longer then weeks..  if you were to ask for out of my own time without community.. looking at a few months and certainly over $300 USD
Pages: [1]   Go Up