Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some modules don't work with 1.7.16  (Read 6678 times)

Cihan

some modules don't work with 1.7.16
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:11:30 AM »

the modules are

ircd_ctcpversion
cs_freeze
os_antiflood

these are so important modules.

i am using them well done with 1.7.14 but i can't gmake the 1.7.16 with these modules.

please do something. thank you.

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:36:17 AM »

Some kind of information like errors might help us tell you what could be wrong.

Have a look on the modules site to see if they're listed, otherwise chances are the module author no longer supports them, and you'll have to wait for someone else to fix them up.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:39:34 AM »

these are so important!!! i think somebody must fix them!

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:15:38 AM »

cs_freeze works just fine for me using 1.7.16.

KillClonesAkillExpire has been removed so os_antiflood and ircd_ctcpversion will not work.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 02:41:07 AM »

i must use them for bot attacking. please somebody help how can we fix..

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 03:25:12 AM »

Post the errors you get, or you'll get zero help at all. We aren't mind readers.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 08:03:34 AM »

Originally posted by Cihan
these are so important!!! i think somebody must fix them!

You must assume we have all the time in the world. Deal with it.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 10:03:03 AM »

but it is important you know. the most users are waiting you for that modules. i have a larger network. i need three of them. thank you.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 10:13:19 AM »

No, users are not waiting for the modules otherwise they would have contacted the authors themselves and seen what could be done. You on the other hand, demand that we (we didn't even write the modules!) fix them?

I think you must have the wrong idea of volunteers.

How large is your network? Do you have funding to pay for a module coder to write these modules? No? In which case, you are like everyone else.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:03 PM »

You keep posting how important these are to you yet you keep failing to provide the errors you're being asked for. Perhaps if you want help then maybe you can help those who are trying to help.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 10:18:44 PM »

Originally posted by Cihan
i must use them for bot attacking. please somebody help how can we fix..

Then it's best that you stop using development software since it's subject to change and use the stable branch. Go back to whatever version it worked with.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 11:31:40 PM »

you think they are so important, but actually i don't think any of them is used a lot...

as for "having" to fix it, no one here has to fix anything. Those modules are 3rd party, and therefor not supported nor maintained by the anope devs. Like chaz said, those modules, and even anope itself, is written by volunteers. It s not like you are paying for the stuff, in which case you would deserve support, but anope s free, as are most modules. And when a module author stops maintaining his/her modules, they will become dated eventually.
Though still available a lot of the modules are no longer maintained, and those that still work should ideally be rewritten to use the 1.7 module style

anyways, i did modify os_antiflood a while ago to work with svn, so i guess it should work on .16 as well...  http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/os_antiflood.c

[Edited on 11-10-2006 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:23 PM »

thank you my friend. can you fix the others?

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:59 AM »

If you want to request a specific module be made to work with a certain version of Anope, put a request in the Modules section, and someone might take it up if they have the time.

Otherwise, as you have decided to blatently ignore requests for more information on the actual errors you receive, i'm closing this topic. If you feel like giving us the information we ask for, please post a new topic with the log of the build errors, and the modules you are trying to build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up