Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope-MySQL and Webpage  (Read 4912 times)

Cruelty

Anope-MySQL and Webpage
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

Hi there,

I'm about to code a new Webportal for my IRC-Network. So it's going to be a CMS especially for IRC-Networks with Anope and UnrealIRCd-Support. Other Versions are planned, but who the **** uses this? :P

So, my Question is now if there is anyway to:
1) Speed the process of writing to the MySQL-Database up
2) Save the password in the DB as md5 string so PHP work with it

Actually it is saved as tinyblob, so PHP is not able to do something with it. ;)

The thing what makes Anope so Special ist the MySQL-Feature and BotServ. So BotServ works fine... Now we need the MySQL-Feature to go stable. :P

If it is not possible, maybe you can answer me if it's planned and on which Anope-Version it should be available... :)

Best regards and Thank you :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:09:31 PM »

remember your web interface will only be able to read-only from the mysql database, any changes will NOT be honored by Anope and will be overwritten.

Questions:

1> set UpdateTimeout to 1m instead of 5m
2> use EncModule enc_md5

Cruelty

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »

Yeah is full MySQL-Support planned? I'm really looking forward to it, cause that could be a thing which rescues IRC. ;) Most Users a too stupid to use NickServ and ChanServ and so on... The Webinterface would make it easier to use...

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »

Although full MySQL support is planned, it does not have an estimated time of arrival, so you could be waiting some time yet.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:08:52 AM »

Phase 3 is planned to be started in 1.9, which is the next devel branch after the long overdue 1.8 stable release. it could easily take up to 2 years to get a 2.0 stable out. Even that is subject to change and is not written in stone. So please don't take it as an official claim I as everyone on the team will deny it.

Personally, live sql services will not save IRC, there are already live sql services and IRC is still dying. Also, there is nothing easier about going to a web page and filling out 4 pieces of info than typing out 4 words on IRC.

What is killing IRC is the lack of official, scalable protocols and the fact that any left handed monkey can call themselves an "IRC Admin". there are people on this forum that literally learn what IRC is at 8am and by 3pm are running an ircd and services and calling themselves a Net Admin and when you try to help these people ant tell them they should learn IRC first you get yelled at and called rude, cruel and blamed for patronizing them for it. So the older, wiser and more experienced admins that DO know what they are doing tend to feel ungrateful and they stop helping users and either drop off of IRC altogether or find some quiet network and are never heard from again and all these young punks that think they know it all learn a few tricks and start writing their own ircds thinking they are experts just because they know how to code in C. Which has nothing to do with IRC.

Anyway, that's enough babbling from me, I'm just going to go back to my quiet hole now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up