Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: bs_fantasy_ext (Version 1.4.1 Released - Critical update!)  (Read 251975 times)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »

owine, the final version of 1.1.11 is now available on the new Modules Site. I didn't change to much compared to the pre-release you use,mainly updated the help system... up to you if you decide to update...

http://modules.anope.org/viewmod.php?id=61
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

zero

(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2006, 09:57:56 AM »

There's some commands I believe would be beneficial to add to your module...

for one, a !mode command that channel AOP's can use, maybe change OperServ's !mode to !omode ?

a !mass OP/VOICE/HOP/BAN command, the opposite of clear. It basically does what it says.

an !except <add/del/list/enforce> command, behaves in much the same way as akick with the adding, deleting, listing, and the enforcing. !except enforce would synch all ban exceptions from the .db file to the ircd (cmode +e)

a !shun command to OperServ, adds a shun for the user and can have a configurable option to set them umode +D on networks that choose to load the privdeaf module w/ UnrealIRCd, please.

a !verify command, for ChanServ to tell the operator and services status of a target user. good for impersonation attempts.

a !whois command, for ChanServ, will report to a user many things about the target, such as:

1. That user's access to the channel,
2. that user's IRC Operator status,
3. that user's access to services [operserv],
4. that user's u@h, and realname
5. that user's idle time,
6. SWHOIS info,
7. NickServ identified status [ns status]

Extended info shown to ircops:

8. Real hostname,
9. Total channels owned by nick,
10. Access to all channels, [cs status]
11. nicknames in group,
12. vhost for that user in hostserv [if applicable]
13. services status: clear or ignored
14: services status: superadmin on or off.

And finally, following same rule as !except and !akick, a permanent !invex database, for use w/ chanmode +i and +I, for creating an irc-managable database of all of your invitations to your channel.

These would make an already perfect module absolutely flawless, and they would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sakkath

(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2006, 01:42:42 PM »

This module is free software and I can modify it to include help for one of my other fantasy modules, correct? (bs_fantasy_tb)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2006, 05:24:07 PM »

correct... note though that i won't be supporting it anymore at that point ... same with anope itself, if you edit the source, it voids all support...

on a side note !tb will be included in the next release of bs_fantasy_ext ... whenever i have the time to finish it...

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »

Origineel gepost door Sakkath
This module is free software and I can modify it to include help for one of my other fantasy modules, correct? (bs_fantasy_tb)

Hahaha, although i made the bs_fantasy_tb and not viper , but yea, you can modify it xD

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »

Originally posted by royteeuwen
Origineel gepost door Sakkath

Hahaha, although i made the bs_fantasy_tb and not viper , but yea, you can modify it xD

If you want to get picky, they all make heavy use of GPL'ed code, (anope's core code to be exact) as such, they are under the GPL and anyone is free to modify it providing they too follow the conditions in the GPL :)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2006, 05:40:14 PM »

Originally posted by royteeuwen

true, but he was asking whether he could modify bs_fantasy_ext to include !help replies about !tb :)

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »

Ow sorry, didnt see :)

Sakkath

(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2006, 02:30:09 AM »

:-).

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2007, 04:35:57 AM »

does not seem to work fully with 1.7.18

* *** Global -- from services.xx.xxx PANIC! buffer = :owine PRIVMSG #chan :!access list

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »

i can't reproduce this.... any more details like channel name, amount of users on access list, whether xop s on etc would be helpfull... a backtrace may be even better though :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »

I can't reproduce it either

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »

Originally posted by Viper
i can't reproduce this.... any more details like channel name, amount of users on access list, whether xop s on etc would be helpfull... a backtrace may be even better though :)

#hak5 is the channel. 33 users on access list. xop is off. remind me how to do a backtrace again and i will post it... >_<

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 09:41:52 PM »

well, i have posted some information here http://privatepaste.com/0a0bCnvl2K which may be of help. this is from services debug when the module loads and when the crash occurs. when i try to backtrace, services crashes at ms_rsend before it even gets to bs_fantasy_ext :/

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2007, 11:16:32 PM »

ok this is weird... well for one, nothing changed in the core handling of cs access list between the .17 and .18, and bs_fantasy_ext uses more or less the same code...

secondly, you say there are 33 people on it, yet in that log it says:
[Jan 06 16:34:58.573209 2007] debug: Sent: :EvilServer NOTICE owine :#hak5 access list is empty.
if only sends that notice when ci->accesscount == 0.. same thing the core uses...
weird stuff, even weirder cause it crashes after that...

to trace it:
enable DumpCore in the services.conf
then crash anope and there should be a services.core file in the services dir.
then do the following in console:
gdb services services.core
bt full

and paste the output... cause i still have no clue whatsoever what could possible cause this behaviour...
btw does /cs access list work properly ?

btw you got any other modules loaded by any chance when the crash occurs ?

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by Viper]

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2007, 12:08:56 AM »

/cs access list works correctly. backtrace at http://privatepaste.com/c6147ZdLDI . have other modules but all has worked in the past...

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »

if any1 could help me figuring out what this backtrace s saying it would be greatly appreciated... most of it is chinese to me heh....

short overview of the problem:
for every1 except owine the module works fine on .18...

there are 33 people on his access list, yet according to the debug log, it want's to reply there are none: debug: Sent: :EvilServer NOTICE owine :#hak5 access list is empty.
i use exactly the same code for this as the core yet chanserv has no problem...
the problem s not limited to this one channel either.

code it seems to be crashing over...
Code: [Select]
if (ci->accesscount == 0) {
notice_lang(ci->bi->nick, u, CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_EMPTY, ci->name);
return MOD_CONT;
}

and owine, by any chance did you edit config.h or change anything in the modules' source ?
also, could you try it without any other modules loaded... i m not used to this backtrace stuff but there s some weird stuff in it

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by Viper]

djGrrr

• Anope User
    • http://www.p2p-network.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 02:32:43 AM »

according to that backtrace, its using the format for CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_XOP_FORMAT, not CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_EMPTY, which means where u need to look to is:

if (ci->flags & CI_XOP) {
        xop = get_xop_level(access->level);
        notice_lang(ci->bi->nick, u, CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_XOP_FORMAT, index + 1, xop, access->nc->display);
    } else {
        notice_lang(ci->bi->nick, u, CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_AXS_FORMAT, index + 1, access->level, access->nc->display);
    }

the exact line that is causing the crash is line 301 or 303 of access.c (i'm not sure exactly), so you may want to take a closer look at those lines.

the format buffer should not contain CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_XOP_FORMAT unless XOP is turned on, and according to owine, its off....

hope this helps

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by djGrrr]

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by djGrrr]
P2P-NET Network Staff

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »

hmmmm yeh but if it allready messaged that the access list is empty, it should return MOD_CONT in which case it d never get to listing the access list... this is 2 weird...

djGrrr

• Anope User
    • http://www.p2p-network.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »

nono Viper:
its crashing on this line:
notice_lang(ci->bi->nick, u, CHAN_ACCESS_LIST_XOP_FORMAT, index + 1, xop, access->nc->display);

its probably crashing because of conflicting types in the format ("  %3d   %s  %s") than what are being sent (index + 1, xop, access->nc->display)
P2P-NET Network Staff

benf_2004

(No subject)
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »

I am unable to compile version 1.1.11 of this module against Anope 1.7.18. I compiled and loaded the same version of this module (from the same copy of the tarball) roughly a month ago on the same machine against 1.7.17 and had no problems whatsoever. Now when I try to compile the module against 1.7.18, I see hundreds of error messages scroll by as it tries to compile the module. The errors scroll by too fast to read and by the time it's done trying to compile, I can scroll all the way up in Putty and I'm still only able to see a small part of the list. I can tell, however, that it is finding errors in multiple files (all of them from the looks of it).

Does the module need some sort of update to work with 1.7.18? The machine is running GNU Make 3.80 and gcc 3.4.6 and the OS version is Linux 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL if any of that helps. I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem as this is a really useful module.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »

I have it running just fine on 1.7.18, I even have a windows dll for .18.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »

try redownloading the tar from the modules site and go through the extracting and installing again (don't upload then from a windows machine, use wget and axtract on linux)... maybe your copy got messed up. The 1.1.11 version on the modules site should work fine on 1.7.18.

benf_2004

(No subject)
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2007, 12:01:45 AM »

I used wget to download the module directly from the modules site and extracted and attempted to install again and nothing has changed. I'm still getting massive numbers of errors when it attempts to compile.

EDIT: Whoa, that was weird. I tried it a second time right after I posted this just for the heck of it and it worked fine. O.o

Thanks for the help.

[Edited on 19-1-2007 by benf_2004]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2007, 12:06:02 AM »

benf, please reply with the output of: gcc --version
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up