Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Botserv channel logging  (Read 4429 times)

DaveLegg

Botserv channel logging
« on: July 05, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »

Does anyone know of a module for anope that will log all events that happen in a channel that has a bot in. Like logs kept by the clients, but done server-side so I don't have to stay connected 24/7 in order to keep the logs going.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:19:26 PM »

Use eggdrop.  eggdrop will log everything, even the messages on the channel etc. :D
and for the server side, i don;t know whether it exists or not, but a simple module is on the modules site, cs_chanlog.c , but i never used that module though :P
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

DaveLegg

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:54:32 AM »

Never mind guys, I've managed to write my own Anope module for the purpose :) It supports multiple channels and logs messages, kicks, bans and other mode changes. I may release the code online sometime soon if there's a demand for it.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

Ok good on you that you wrote it yourselves :D
we will be waiting for your official release ;)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

DaveLegg

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 04:49:19 PM »

There are just two things I could use some help with. When users change their nicks, I don't currently have a way of getting a list of all the channel names they're in, so that event currently only logs into one, pre-defined channel, so I could use a way to do that.

The second, when a user quits, I have no way to find out which channels they were in before they did so, so that event also gets logged only in the 'default' channel

(I was always going to write my own if I couldn't find one, but if there was one already, no point re-inventing the wheel)
Pages: [1]   Go Up