Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [request] Only memoserv does send msg  (Read 3691 times)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
[request] Only memoserv does send msg
« on: November 20, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »

Hi there.
I'd prefer that someone can distribute a module that makes possible that ONLY memoserv sends privmessages to the user(s).

As usual I set the services sending notices. But If I got a new memo its very often that I did not notice the notice ^^ Esp if I am afk or having my BNC on. So if memoserv would send messages first: my bnc would save them and 2nd: The privmsgwindow will appear until I read it.

Maybe there are more advantages or disadvantages. We can talk about here. But I would love, someone would make such a module that makes it possible. I would thank him/her anyway and maybe other users also would like it.

Thanks for your great work anyway ;)

[Bearbeitet am 20-11-2006 von SNU]

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:34:04 AM »

This is just me personal view, but i dont see why memoserv should change to work around client deficancies:

* If your client cant deal with a notice - change client
* If your client makes it hard to see notices - change client
* If your client lets you setup how notices are dealt with, including events based on particular notices (such as mirc) then configure your client how you want it.

Changing the behaviour of services just to suit your individual client seems completely bizzare to me, or am i missing something?

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

I second that Rob.

Seeing: "But If I got a new memo its very often that I did not notice the notice ^^ Esp if I am afk or having my BNC on" tells me "Please re-write portions of Anope because I'm too lazy/forgetful to take advantage of the current system".

To that I say, write a note to remember to check memos everytime you return from AFK. You using "/memoserv list" is far easier, than services code being changed.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »

Also if minor changes were made to the code for every request to meet personal requirements Anope would soon end up being a complete mess and become unusable very quickly.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up