Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Register with nickserv when register with Homepage  (Read 20245 times)

Rock

• Anope User
Register with nickserv when register with Homepage
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:37 AM »

Hi there,

perhaps this qustion exist already - If yes, sorry for that, I think it's nessesary to all, who want to register on 2 services at the same time.

so, I have mySQL + a Hompage running PHP Fusion7 + unreal IRCd + Anope (1.8.5) + lightIRC... how can I do, that register with the Homepage (nick & pw) do register at the same time with IRC services?

Can anybody help out with coding such a "service" or have some tipp's for a good solution?

Helpful answers are pretty needed... for that an "pre-thankyou"...

Regards,
RockHound

Fawkes

• Anope User
Re: Register with nickserv when register with Homepage
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52:08 AM »

This should be, what you are searching:

http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=82

Rock

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »

Hi Fawkes...

hmm... sure I was there instead... I saw no Module (1.8.5 Windows) that could help... Thanks anyway... another solution?

Fawkes

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »

you just have to compile it for windows !?
will be a little drama, but it should work :)

Rock

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »

that's the biggest problem for me: I'm not a coder

in this case, I don't know how to compile (and what to compile)...
terrible issue to me  :-\

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »

that's the biggest problem for me: I'm not a coder

in this case, I don't know how to compile (and what to compile)...
terrible issue to me  :-\

Good thing there is a simple solution to that. GOOD NEWS!! it doesn't require you to be a coder. Just have to know how to read and follow simple, time tested instructions!

http://wiki.anope.org/index.php/Windows:1.8#Compiling

Rock

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 01:48:49 AM »

Guys... sorry when I'm getting an little tired of "Not really helpful answers"...

the last discribes how install Anope - LOL?... Anope is runnung on my machine with certain modules...

i'm looking for an module, that combine register on the HP and same time with nickserv.
and if such an module doesn't exist, that somebody can help with coding (an database based PHP file) that can do this.

For better understanding: if someone want to register via homepage, the script should connect temporary (with HP's preferred nick) to the IRC network and execute /nickserv register (HP Pass). done.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:11:20 AM by Rock »

Fawkes

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:19:06 AM »

You dont want to read heh ?
thats not an description howto install anope, its a description howto Compile it and it's modules using windows.
you can just add third party modules in the folder src/modules (if the module has its own folder, copy the whole folder into this directory) and compile anope.

in the destionation directory/modules you can find your misc_sqlcmd.dll, which you can just copy to your original anope_dir/modules
then you can run /os modload misc_sqlcmd
and you loaded the module... then just read the readme of misc_sqlcmd. in there you can read howto use it's php functions.

::) ::) ::)

nuk3d

• Anope User
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 05:24:59 AM »

Also, http://wiki.anope.org/index.php/Windows:Modules

Before you can compile modules, you need to have compiled Anope yourself.

installing it from the .exe is different than compiling it, just fyi.

Rock

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »

nah... to read is no problem ;)
It's just, maybe someone has it already done - why shall I more work than I need?
also to share can be an good thing - that's why.

by the way: Anope & mySQL is running on two different machines (non local thing).
that can be an problem too... if I get it logic.

just to say "oh, hey... look there an dthis..." is easy, but who can work with me?
even you guys was once upon a time beginners - dont't forget it.  ;D

;) later guys....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:31:52 AM by Rock »

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »

Lets just say that windows support isn't high on the priority list for any of my modules...  ::)
I haven't even tried compiling it on windows, so not sure if that will work out of the box.. and, especially as long as I consider the module in beta, I will not be distributing a windows build myself..

Most people trying this module use - and I recommend this  as there have been numerous bugfixes - the latest development sources in GIT @ http://vips.hopto.org/gitweb/?p=anope-modules/misc_sqlcmd;a=summary
This is one of the reasons I don't distribute a windows build.. too much effort to rebuild and redistribute after every bugfix..

If you can compile it on windows fine, let me know so I know it should work.. don't have an anope with mysql setup on windows so...  ::)

As for running it on a non local setup... I wouldn't recommend that, but if it works for anope without this module it should work for anope with this module too. Ideally everything should run on the same box, failing that, anope and the sql server should be on the same box and the web server on a remote box.. a remote sql server is really the worst setup for anope - performance wise..

Edit: btw, if you need some PHP API code to interface with the module, that too is under development: http://vips.hopto.org/gitweb/?p=anope-php;a=summary
though no documentation and examples yet exist.. that ll be done after the basic functionality s been implemented.  :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:26:51 PM by Jan Milants »
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Fawkes

• Anope User
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »

nah... to read is no problem ;)
It's just, maybe someone has it already done - why shall I more work than I need?
also to share can be an good thing - that's why.

by the way: Anope & mySQL is running on two different machines (non local thing).
that can be an problem too... if I get it logic.

just to say "oh, hey... look there an dthis..." is easy, but who can work with me?
even you guys was once upon a time beginners - dont't forget it.  ;D

;) later guys....

wont be a problem ...

but i could give you a little php script which could do the thing for you if needed, its very easy to write :>

Rock

• Anope User
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

Oh thanks guys!

@Jan
I try both of them!

@Fawkes - sure, I try everything that could be helpful -
when you try to reach me, pls visit me in my netwok  (Data in your PM) and highlight me.
if you get no answer - could be I'm sleep (day was hard, we prepare to moveto another town).

Ral

• Anope User
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »

Hi Everybody,
I am new on this forum, I know that this post is old, but I have pretty much the same problem, as it was previously discussed here, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

This particular module is made for, interacting with NickServ using a Mysql or any Sql based database using a PHP script?

I am running Anope version 1.8.0 NOT 1.8.5 do I need to upgrade it?
I am looking for a Php script that I could use to allow my users to register through the web, sometimes it's so difficult to explain to people how to register it's very frustrating.

If anyone has a php or any other script that can register a user using an GU interface, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all
:)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »

Upgrade to 1.8.7 before doing anything else.

Ral

• Anope User
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »

Upgrade to 1.8.7 before doing anything else.

Hi and thanks for your reply, I'd rather not upgrade I have had a lot of problems once before although I followed all the instructions to the letter luckily I had  a back up.

Is there anyone who has a php script that I could use to register users with nickserv?

I had a script years ago but unfortunately since the php5 all the handling of the variables and many other things have changed so it doesn't work anymore.

So if anyone has a simple php script that I can use that would be much appreciated.

Thanks again :)

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »

we no longer support 1.8.0.. that module module certainly won't work on it.
maybe there s something that doesn't care about you anope version, but I wouldn't could on anyone writing stuff for versions we stopped caring about years ago..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Ral

• Anope User
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »

we no longer support 1.8.0.. that module module certainly won't work on it.
maybe there s something that doesn't care about you anope version, but I wouldn't could on anyone writing stuff for versions we stopped caring about years ago..

I honestly don't know what you're talking about here, I asked if anyone has a php script that I could use, I didn't ask for help with any module, it was suggested that I would upgrade and I am not at all interested in upgrading we keep upgrading which means it never stops, I mean I run a website I don't have time to keep following the latest releases and latest upgrades, it's a never ending.

If the upgrades were smooth and no problems yes, but everytime there's an upgrade there's a mess later on something will be screwed and I am not at all interested in upgrading again, this works for me and it's fine.

There's never going to be a 100% security so all of these upgrades are usually a waste of time to be honest.
For those who have the time to keep following the latest good for them, I don't have the time, I just want something that works and that's about it.
I didn't ask for any support with any module, all I asked was a simple php script if anyone has it it would be much appreciated.
No need for a serment.

Thank you

TheMaker

• Anope User
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »

If you can't be assed to update, then tbh shut up crying.

Ral

• Anope User
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »

If you can't be assed to update, then tbh shut up crying.

Who rang your bell? Or are you some kind of a lawyer, and you don't tell me to shut up, learn to speak English first, it helps sometimes.

shut up crying is not a correct English.

Why don't you mind your own business, if you have nothing better to say?

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »

How about I say it then?  If you refuse to upgrade to 1.8.7, we refuse to support you.  Why should we waste our time supporting such an old version when there have been so many fixes (and some minor changes) done between versions?

Ral

• Anope User
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »

How about I say it then?  If you refuse to upgrade to 1.8.7, we refuse to support you.  Why should we waste our time supporting such an old version when there have been so many fixes (and some minor changes) done between versions?

Can you guarantee when I upgrade it will have everything I need to run it?

No it won't I know it won't I downloaded the module and looked at it and it has nothing that I need in there, so why would I go bother with and upgrade and risk to screw everything up for something that won't even cover my needs?

I know what it did to me the last times I upgraded even when everything seem to be working fine, few weeks or months later the whole thing collapses.

Everything with you people is to do with Upgrade, upgrade no matter what you ask, the first answer is upgrade.
No it won't solve my problem, I need a Php script that would contact nickserv and register a user without any modules.

Yes you don't support older version basically you're forcing people to upgrade and follow you just like Microsoft and Ubuntu and all of these guys they stop helping, it's ridiculous to be honest.
You know what this is called? Cultural dictatorship you do as we tell you or nothing.

Will this module have everything I need when I upgrade assuming everything works? I am pretty sure the answer is no, and when I am stuck you will disappear.

Come on this is not the first time, you suggest when things go sour you all hide away.

Sorry I don't trust the upgrades, anymore.

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »

Well then, you can solve things on your own instead of relying on us.  We won't support old versions, just as much as anyone else who develops software will eventually refuse to support old versions.

There's a good reason companies like Microsoft stop providing support on old versions: because it's a waste of time (and in their case, money as well) to dedicate people to providing support on something that could be riddled with problems that have been fixed in newer products.

We are much the same way, problems have been fixed in newer versions, so we see no reason to provide support on old versions.  Personally, I don't care about the module in question, because it's not even a core Anope module in the first place and really only it's author should provide you with support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up