Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: single space as badword  (Read 7972 times)

jdart

single space as badword
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »

Is there a simple way to add single space as badword, for example:

/bs badwords #channel add <something> start

..what should be that <something>. So when someone send empty character in the channel (single space) user gets kicked or kbanned. Reason for this question is pretty specific and related to trivia tcl bot.

If there are other solutions or any hints/ideas please post. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance & Happy Holidays. :)

jdart

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »

Or to be more specific i would like to forbid/prevent posting empty strings (only spaces) in channel(s). Any help/idea appreciated, IRCd is Unreal. Many thanks. :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »

Exactly what do you think it harms posting "empty strings" to warrant the wasting of services resources?

Secondly, if I remember correctly badwords works off of glob for an entire string and to set a space character as a bad word would kickban everyone for every single sentance they type.

My advice .. don't be such a tyrant!

[Edited on 25-12-2007 by katsklaw]

jdart

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »

Exactly what do you think it harms posting "empty strings" to warrant the wasting of services resources?

As i said in the first post, it is related to trivia bot and would be bit complicated to explain now, in short it allows cheating. It is not wasting of resources any more than setting a single kicker or global server badword if you go that way. (many and in my opinion pointless are already included as default so one more wont do harm)

Secondly, if I remember correctly badwords works off of glob for an entire string and to set a space character as a bad word would kickban everyone for every single sentance they type.

Exactly as you said, and that would be pointless. The meaning of my question was, and maybe holes in my english knowledge (not my language) prevents me to explain this better, is there a way to prevent posting an empty string (spaces only) in the channel but to allow posting normal sentences which of course include spaces in them. For example you can post "_blah___blah_" but can't post "_" or "___" or "______" etc where _ is space.

My advice .. don't be such a tyrant!

Indeed my bad, i constantly forget how lack of knowledge tends to envoke vanity plus majority usually judge other people starting from themselves. As you obviously can't help,my advice is to close the topic and show who the real tyrant is. Bye.

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »

This should be done using a module. A module can read channel messages and if they only contain spaces the user can be banned.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:13:48 PM »

To be honest this should be done in a client bot which is more ideal than in services. This task is well within the realm of any client that has chanop status and to have services do it would be the exact "waste of resources" I refered to ..

in both mIRC Script and TCL for eggdrop, the script is smaller than this thread and could have been done along time ago to boot.

[Edited on 27-12-2007 by katsklaw]

jdart

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »

I apologize for overally nervous reaction, thanks everyone for suggestions and help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up