Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does User on services.xxx remotely JOINing new channel mean?  (Read 3664 times)

Howard

• Anope User

I did a search and didn't see anything.  I was watching my server earlier (I use Ultimate IRCd 3.x), and saw the message:

User on services.xxx.com remotely JOINing new channel.

Can anyone tell me what that means?   I am using Anope 1.7, and have been for sometime, and don't recall ever seeing this message.

Thanks...

-CD

Howard

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 06:02:29 AM »

Actually I finally found out what it was, knew once I posted the answer would magically fall into my lap..   LOL

Here is what I found, so guess it's not a problem..

My server sometimes sends messages saying "Notice -- User on services.example.net remotely JOINing new channel".

This is normal, and happens whenever ChanServ kicks a user from a channel in which they were the first to enter (for example, a user without privileges entering a channel with the RESTRICTED setting active, or a user on the channel's autokick list). In this case, ChanServ joins the channel for a short period of time to prevent the user from joining again immediately after they've been kicked. If you are using the Bahamut or Unreal IRC servers, this will result in a message like the above; it can be safely ignored.
Pages: [1]   Go Up