Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full customization of services  (Read 5892 times)

demon

• Anope User
Full customization of services
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »

Ability to change everything host ident nick realname ctcp's of every services.. which means that nickserv can have different host ident realname ctcp reply from chanserv etc etc..

Thanks

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 04:41:17 PM »

Maybe its just me but i cant really see any valid use for this or at least for CTCP responses (mainly because there arnt any anyway.) As for real names they are already different per bot. The only things that arnt are username and host.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »

i think when you do ctcp they reply the version of the anope services.. maybe someone wish to add something else.. like NickServ Bot: Nickname Reg Service sth like that dont know.. and yes only the realname is different.. host ident arent.. The use? many ircds give the ability to msg services by host like /msg services@thatnet.net register bla bla.. so maybe there would be a confusion..

Thanks

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

Currently none of the services bots reply to CTCP version.

As for the feature you described for messaging bots those such IRCd's dont use the users host after the @. They represent nick@server where the message only gets to the nick if the nick is on that server.

(See UseStrictPrivMsg for more information about requiring that format of message)
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

I agree with Jobe as to the usefulness of adding CTCP version replies to each bot, let alone custom ones. CTCP is a completely optional protocol and is not required by RFC1459 or 281x. To me that's needlessly wasting resources not to mention the time wasted just coding the ability on vanity that most people could careless about. Personally, in the last 12 years I've never had the desire to CTCP VERSION NickServ.

I can understand the desire for customizing Nickserv's nick, username and host. That at least can be seen on a regular basis. As Jobe also pointed out, ircd aliases point to nick@server which means it doesn't matter if NickServ's nick is CheezyPoofs from teh@authoriteh.gov, the alias will still point to nick@ServerName.

I have not tested this yet, but you might want to try changing NickServ's username and host if your ircd has /chghost type commands like Unreal does. Like I said, never tried it so test it on your own risk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up