Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MODULE REQUEST:More info for akills  (Read 4841 times)

demon

• Anope User
MODULE REQUEST:More info for akills
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »

Module that would make akill and/or killclones give more info which means: Add to the akill/killclones reason some more parametres so an akill would look like: demon quit:(killed(OperServ(AnOper(Reason: Clones - Date 1/1/06 - 12:12:12 - Added By: AnOper UserEffected: demon AkillID: 123213 and other info like that so when someone try to reconnect to the net from the same host opers should know as he will get killed for what reason that host has akill etc..

Maybe in the akill that wouldnt be possible to add (someone could use a irc script for that) but i think in the killclones commands could be possible to added..

Thanks

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:52 PM »

killclones no longer exists. akill ID's are pointless on networks that do not deal with hundreds of akills everyday.

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:24:49 PM »

yeah maybe is useful for only very big networks.. but when you have the ability why dont make your life better and easier? also the other info like who add the akill, who akilled, when, for how long etc.. would be nice to be shown on the akill reason..

Of course is a module if someone like it just do it :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:30:42 PM »

demon, this is a modules request forum, so just because I said it's pointless doesn't mean it will not get coded. I have no control over module coders. So it may get written.

I would like to say that it's been mentioned before in the past for akillID support and it was shot down in a flaming ball of fire and never written.

I'd also like you to explain to me how akillID's will make your live easier as you put it. Because as it is, it's just as easy to get a users nick/host as it is to get an akillID and you can search the akill list .. so it's not a matter of search convenience.

[Edited on 19-12-2006 by katsklaw]

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:40:17 PM »

As you know nowdays networks have problems with spambots/floodbots/drones etc.. and they put many akills in which they say.. if you are a real user email at help@network.com to remove the akill..

Would be easier if the user copy/paste the akill or only the akillid rather than say their nick their host the server he connects (maybe is a kline not akill etc) and the oper have ALL the info needed to remove and unban it.. as you said - right - that is for big networks most! but also there are many little networks that have too many attacks.. and i know many of them want something like that..

Thanks

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:47:26 PM »

If the user wants the akill removed, they will give you all the info you need and you can search the akill list with that info. Which is exactlly how the akillID would work .. you would have to search for it in the akill list. All that is needed is the users real host. So what if *.somecit.someisp.com is longer than akillID 5efjsgfkfh. The bottom line is that searching for that akill to removed is the exact same process.

Same difference, no added work load.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »

there is indeed no real difference in work load, but i can see another reason for this.
on my network we use a forum where people can come complain, but most people aren't very eager to port their host online so just post the reason of the akill. in BOPM glines i avoided this by adding id's in the reason, with anope i still need the entire host though, but then again those are placed manually instead of automatically so it can't be that hard to make each reaosn unique...

anyways, serveral core functions place akills and the akill subroutines are in the core and can't be changed by a module... you could have a module modify the akill add .. reason, but that s just a workaround that would only partially work.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

demon

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 12:15:11 AM »

Agree with Viper.. i have spoken with many many people that need of that thing the akillid for sure (maybe the host/oper who add the akill/the victim/date/bantime etc are not needed so much)

Interested that you said about BOPM (that feature/addon is available anywhere? - out of topic sorry)
Pages: [1]   Go Up