Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto OWNER MODULE REQUEST  (Read 5965 times)

Sam

• Anope User
Auto OWNER MODULE REQUEST
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:19:15 PM »

Hi guys,

I've been looking around for a module for Anope 1.8.2 for auto owner (auto +q) in a channel. Now i've found the access founder sort of ones but I wanted one that would use the xOP system. So basically a module that allows the xOP command /msg chanserv FOP similar to /msg chanserv SOP that will be only set able by the owner of the channel.

Any questions post!

Sam.
P.S. If you know you can do this and need to get quick answers I'll be avaliabe on irc.justvisit.co.uk as Velocity

Darth Panda

• Anope User
    • Cheap Software
Re: Auto OWNER MODULE REQUEST
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:15:18 AM »

The xOP system is designed to offer a very simple management system with little or no complex settings. There is and only should be 1 founder. This policy removes questions about whom is in command of the channel. Imagine what would happen in your country if there were more than 1 king/queen/president all with identical power. You should also consider the chaos that can be created by several people in the channel and none of them can be kicked .. Who's right? Who is really in charge? How is that to be fixed? The answer is easy .. only 1 person can be +q to maintain control. +a is more than plenty to protect your chanops. I'd imagine that +q/a was invented to foil channel takeovers and both do their job very well.

Having more than one +q is just begging for oper intervention on more than one occasion and IRC isn't designed for opers to babysit channels. IRCops are to maintain servers and the network, not manage channel affairs.

IRC is and always has been a dictatorship and there should only be 1 dictator.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:21:47 AM by Darth Panda »
Some things just don't need to be fixed.
Less is usually more.
One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it.

Tapcon

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:45:43 AM »

The xOP system is designed to offer a very simple management system with little or no complex setti...

Hm, no.

I am too in need of this module, which seems to be quite popular, but impossible to find.

With this module, all FOPs apart from the founder, is basically a SOP, with a ~ - and cannot be deleted by SOPs - the founder cannot get his/her channel removed/taken over, as... the other (false) FOPs are infact just SOPs... but with a ~.

I've seen this on several IRC networks, and all the users have multiple FOPs, and seem to like that kind of system. I have spoken to owners of networks and they are not willing to share the 'module'.

So... either we can find someone willing to dedicate some of their time to making one for public use and we'll try to donate some money towards Anope, we wait for other versions to see if this is included.

Darth Panda

• Anope User
    • Cheap Software
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »

there is http://modules.anope.org/viewmod.php?id=43 (cs_autoowner) but if I remember, you can't use it with xOP. I don't think there is a public module that works with xOP or if it can because as stated before, xOP is a very simple system with hard coded access levels and multiple founders is not one of them.

Popular and impossible to find is an oxymoron. It's rather difficult to be popular if it's difficult to obtain, don't you think?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:07:28 AM by Darth Panda »
Some things just don't need to be fixed.
Less is usually more.
One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it.

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 05:27:46 AM »

With this module, all FOPs apart from the founder, is basically a SOP, with a ~ - and cannot be deleted by SOPs - the founder cannot get his/her channel removed/taken over, as... the other (false) FOPs are infact just SOPs... but with a ~.

I've seen this on several IRC networks, and all the users have multiple FOPs, and seem to like that kind of system. I have spoken to owners of networks and they are not willing to share the 'module'.

I think the correct name for this would be qop, FOP to me suggests it allows mulitple "actual cs Founders" when in fact it just gives +q, purely for show imo, i'm going to try and finish a cs_qop i started months ago
Pages: [1]   Go Up